Trip report - Tanzania & Zanzibar

Jochen

Ah, so here it is. This is where I'll come to check out your Tanzania report. I am going to copy and paste your preparation links to another travel site for someone who will be going to Tanzania. They are such a good resource.

In scrolling to the bottom I got a chuckle out of visualizing you as Belgain folklore. So did you have some kind of adventure on the way home? That last sentence is a real cliff hanger.

I am going to copy and paste your preparation links to another travel site for someone who will be going to Tanzania.

Wouldn't it be better to send that person to Jochen's trip report than doing a "copy and paste"?

Wouldn't it be better to send that person to Jochen's trip report than doing a "copy and paste"?

Ah, that's OK, it doesn't really matter.

But Lynn, since you mentioned on Fodors that I was skimmer, I set the record straight there; Skimmer is Johan, and I am Jochen (aka Pixelpower on Fodors) :)

Tanya_in_Kenya

Jochen, you've got some really great photos here - I love the sunbird in particular - great stories too...sounds like you had an errrrr....INCREDIBLE trip! You've also created a wonderful resource for people thinking about visiting Tanzania in future.

All right Jochen, all this talk of your Tz trip has got me scurrying back to my dear old typewriter to rattle out a few more passages for my own report. But as you know, words come easier to me than great images...

Thank you for helping me keep everybody straight. I am sorry to have misidentified you, Jochen.

Nyama, Sometimes that other forum does not like it when we make a post that sends someone to another forum and I didn't want my post to get deleted. That's why I didn't put in the link. I have mentioned safaritalk over on the other forum but not so directly as to link one of the reports there.

My next task in the days ahead is to actually read this report myself. I got so wrapped up in the pre-trip planning posts that I have not yet embarked on the safari itself. But I will!

All right Jochen, all this talk of your Tz trip has got me scurrying back to my dear old typewriter to rattle out a few more passages for my own report. But as you know, words come easier to me than great images...

Yes! Finally more "Hemmingway²" ! B)

• 3 years later...

Jochen, all the photo links have failed … do you still have the images and can you re-post if it isn't a great bother? I would really like to see them and missed this the first time around, or don't remember looking. Pleeeeease! <_<

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I also just had a look at this and it all sounds wonderful, Jochen, and I am in the midst of planning my first safari to Kenya and Tanzania, so I would love to see the photos, if that's possible.

Oops. Cleaned up a bit too much on my site.

Problem is one cannot edit old posts. I'll see what I can do.

Thanks Jochen, just another little thing to fill your busy day with. :rolleyes:

All my days are both busy and empty. Imagine that.

Found out that the pics were hosted on the site of my old photo club. They probably deleted my account. No way to get them back in the same spot.

The best I can offer is a link to my website where they are still on;

- One part is here; http://www.pixelpower.be/travel.php

- The 2nd part is here; http://www.pixelpower.be/nature.php

On both pages, just scroll to the Tanzania sections (06/2006 and 07/2006).

B.regs,

J.

I cant understand why I am unable to see your pictures (any ideas anybody?) I have never had this problem before. Even when I right click "show picture" nothing happens

I cant understand why I am unable to see your pictures (any ideas anybody?) I have never had this problem before. Even when I right click "show picture" nothing happens

I think if you look at Jochen's most recent post, the web site (external to ST website) that hosted his pics is no longer available. If you follow the links he mentions, you can see his images there.

I have just clicked on these links and all images are there.

Edited by wilddog

Thanks Wilddog