B.Y. 2019. The Tortoise rules!

Dave Williams

Love the Puff back shots.

Confession. I would have kept the real light NH as an ECB. Standards must be maintained!:P

43 minutes ago, Galana said:

Love the Puff back shots.

Confession. I would have kept the real light NH as an ECB. Standards must be maintained!:P

The same for the nightjar, it´s too visible :lol:.

Dave Williams

395) Red-billed Quelea

Mopani Rest Camp.

Well, I think it is.anyway. It was on it's own which is unusual. There are huge flocks everywhere in KNP but this one was the only close up I saw.

49019767416_1dff18cdc0_b.jpgRed-billed Quelea by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Dave Williams

396) Red-winged Starling

Forgot to post this one at Olifants Rest Camp.

400 target here I come!!! I must have 4 more new ones, off the top of my head I can think of two!!

49005775036_371376a24c_b.jpgRed-winged Starling by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Lovely additions. Well done with the Kittlitz’s Plover. I really like the small plovers like this one (I like the lapwing type plovers as well, but I think of plovers as being like this.)

You are getting a good collection from SA, quality and quantity.

I particularly like the marabou stork, I never saw one but I really like that kind of ugly looking animals, I must be a weirdo...

You´re cruisng to 400 and if you need, the Little Bustards are still in the same place ;).

Well done. I have suspected for a while that 400+ was on the cards.

What are you saving for the magic number?

Dave Williams
2 hours ago, Galana said:

Well done. I have suspected for a while that 400+ was on the cards.

What are you saving for the magic number?

Whatever comes up next as i find them! I know I'm going to make it now. I can think of a couple more to come.. next up is another ??????? !

Dave Williams

397) Black Saw-wing

Seen flying in front of there Pioneer Dam hide. The light was poor but it's definitely black. 

I can't think what else it might be.

49023476826_91c1e6b7ac_b.jpgBlack Saw-wing by Dave Williams, on Flickr

49023678097_eb857d8b12_b.jpgBlack Saw-wing by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Edited by Dave Williams

The #400 is almost in your hand, @Dave Williams! Only 3 more photos, go posting them, even if they will be in the same EBC category (for your standards) as the #397 :D.

Love the additions, especially the night heron which I’ve never seen before. Its indeed a special one!

Dave Williams

398) Trumpeter Hornbill

The only one I saw, up at Pafuri,KNP.

I told you progress would slow down, this was the first addition in two days!!

49029858592_46781e6f91_b.jpgTrumpeter Hornbill by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Dave Williams

Here it is !!!! My record equalling bird list for a single year which I achieved in 2008. My record for actual photographs must have been last year's BY effort there again I never checked but it certainly hasn't reached 400 before.

400) Yellow-throated Petronia

A more boring bird I didn't see I and I almost overlooked it thinking it was a Sparrow!

49036673128_7100b2c33e_b.jpgYellow-throated Petronia by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Dave Williams

My record breaking list...in as far as I'm aware as I have only ever kept one once....and even this year it could be bigger but now I'm only counting photographs!

401) African Scops Owl

The only one I saw and at Sirheni Bushveld Camp

49036672068_8d655bf3b9_b.jpgAfrican Scops Owl by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Exceptional effort, and a lovely shot of the Scops!

This is one of my all-time favorite bushveld sounds. Only seen one once, as their camoflage is so good, so well done for spotting it.