GAME: name that bird!

Jochen

Oh. You wanted the species of bird?:lol:

Well OK then. It's a king Hornbill.  Namely a Crowned Hornbill Tockus alboterminatus. A mainly East/Central African species but it also occurs in Angola.

We have established that you saw it in Ruaha.

Sorry about the excursion off topic but this is in the off topic section anyway..B)

Not quite out of powder yet but it is rationed.

Let us see how long this one lasts.

what.JPG.1ebc13c6a38916fb7b1f9b51b3d5fc6f.JPG

Been out of the game for a while. Too much work!

yellow crowned Bishop?

Glad to have you back @mvecht was recently thinking       since I joined the game Where would he be ? Now about your guess  could well be but I haven’t a clue for the moment ;)

On 12/13/2021 at 5:06 PM, mvecht said:

Too much work!

Use of four letter words like 'work' loses points. Welcome back.

Sadly it is not a Yellow crowned Bishop.

Could be a zitting cisticola.

Sorry, whilst it 'could be' a Zitting Cisticola it is not.

7 hours ago, BRACQUENE said:

A Common Krestel ( Falco tinnunculus ) ? 

It is indeed.

Sorry, but back to you again.:lol:

The next one : hoping for some more players ? 

image.png.4afbbf69fbcca957900ec2d7171c2b84.png

On 12/18/2021 at 10:26 AM, BRACQUENE said:

hoping for some more players ? 

Me too.

Well it seems to fall to me to keep this moving whilst logic dictates the topic should be put to bed as past its 'play by date'.

OK. @BRACQUENE's bird is either a Black Kite (migrans) or Yellow-billed Kite ( parasitus). One can usually only spilt them from the bill and head markings with is the missing link here.

As migrans is migratory the odds are obviously stacked in favour of YB but only G and @BRACQUENEreally knows and the latter is better placed to ask even if not as all seeing!:o.

So my answer is YB Kite (for now unless anyone knows better.)

@Galana

425F7649-C068-4707-B3BE-33159F88B4DB_1_105_c.jpeg.d517f8f5ac458ff38816134ab0a5b1ca.jpeg

I think you have your answer with a clear view of the bill :D ; it is convenient that you came in because I will have to leave the game for a while as I will be leaving for the coast on Boxing Day and I hope you will find a response when posting a new one !

Have a good Christmas.

I myself am packing to leave on 24th until the New Year so let us see who is out there.

Merry Christmas to you and your love ones @Galanaand we will meet again soon in this game or the other one ? 👍

• 3 weeks later...

@Galana

If I am correct it is your turn since you guessed the last one more than two weeks ago before we both went on holiday but we might have the same problem as in the other game : lack of players for the moment ? 

32 minutes ago, BRACQUENE said:

but we might have the same problem as in the other game : lack of players for the moment ? 

This is why I waited. I don't mind playing any game but Ping Pong which this seems to have become. :o

@Galana

Well perhaps some people are still on Christmas holiday or , less certain , in the African bush , so let's wait a bit then ;)