Steady as you go, B.Y. 2020

Dave Williams

Dave Williams

OOPS! Spoke too soon . We are in lockdown from midnight tonight with the exception of being allowed to meet one other household on Christmas Day.

16 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

OOPS! Spoke too soon .

What a bummer and mucho sympatico. This is a stark contrast to the Island 70 miles to your north where a different more user friendly Chief Minister has even arranged for an old man to cross our closed border so our kids can get their stockings filled as usual.

Santa.JPG.dad2f6476cfcd8bd53532923e69a0cb8.JPG

Take care and join us in raising a glass on Friday at 15.00 whether your stockings got filled or not.

A government with a sense of humour? Wow. Now That's something that wouldn't happen in Africa!

On 12/20/2020 at 10:32 AM, Galana said:

Take care and join us in raising a glass on Friday at 15.00

Friday? 15:00? what's happening on Friday?

10 hours ago, Peter Connan said:

A government with a sense of humour? Wow. Now That's something that wouldn't happen in Africa!

Oh come on Peter, I think you need to look again at some of Zuma's speeches :D

1 hour ago, Soukous said:

Oh come on Peter, I think you need to look again at some of Zuma's speeches 

And dear old Uncle Bob Magabe was always game for a laugh.

1 hour ago, Soukous said:

Friday? 15:00? what's happening on Friday?

Oh come on Martin:-  It's that time of year when your best friend comes round for a drink and plays footsie with your wife while you lie drunk in your favourite chair as the dogs lie farting in front of the fire.

15 minutes ago, Galana said:

Oh come on Martin:-  It's that time of year when your best friend comes round for a drink and plays footsie with your wife while you lie drunk in your favourite chair as the dogs lie farting in front of the fire.

If only that were possible. My best friend is now in Tier 4 and not allowed to leave his house, Madame Soukous is currently stuck in Germany and not sure if/when she'll be able to get home, so all I've got is the dogs farting in front of the fire (although they'll happily fart just about anywhere) and a large supply of alcohol.

19 minutes ago, Soukous said:

so all I've got is the dogs farting in front of the fire (although they'll happily fart just about anywhere) and a large supply of alcohol.

Well some would say two out of three can't be that bad.:P

No come now gentlemen, there is a massive difference between a populace who needs a sense of homour because of the ineptness of their government, and a government with one...

Martin, make sure those dogs don't fart too close to the fire! 

• 2 weeks later...
Dave Williams

I'll exit this Big Year on 173, I guess it could have gone a bit higher if I'd tried but I lost heart. Will next year be any different? Let's hope so but I can't see it happening here for a while as the whole of the UK is now looking as if it's heading towards a complete lockdown for some weeks to come.  

Never mind I have my health and I hope you all keep yours too

happy New Year!

173)Dunlin ( spot the) taken at high tide locally a couple of weeks ago. The birds are about 100m away so the resolution on my new Canon R5 plus a 500mm lens plus 2.0XTC is quite impressive.

50782628018_7b101ecbbe_b.jpgHigh Tide retreat. by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Well, you got some really great Badger shots, and 173 is really not bad either!

Happy new year!

@Dave WilliamsI hope your big year inspiration returns in 2021, I have enjoyed following along. 

I also just purchased an R5 in the Boxing Day sales, here’s to seeing what it can do. So far I’m happy with the images but finding the electronic viewfinder hard to get used to. 

Here's to a better 2021! Good to see already what you are able to do with the new gear.

2021 will be better Dave, I promise personally - if it won‘t I will buy you a beer or two. :) Seriously, really hope you will take part again, you are such a phenomenal photographer we simply cannot do without your pictures!