@shazdwnthat is too bad, I hope you can re-book without too much extra cost.

@shazdwnwell, WA is cancelled for September and we have re-booked the southwest only (not going to Broome at all now) for February. :( Hopefully, we will have reached the magical 80% vax rate by then and the vaccination passports will be operational.

I booked the Broome accommodation in November 2020 and our flights in February, thinking we would be so much further down the road out of Covid. However, it seems that we haven't come far at all.

On 8/16/2021 at 5:04 PM, Treepol said:

@shazdwnthat is too bad, I hope you can re-book without too much extra cost.

Amazingly it looks like our trip may still be on. WA is usually pretty quick to close the borders, but so far no change for the NT, and we are out of lockdown at noon. I can barely believe it.

For those of you quietly swearing  at the injustice of the world as you read this, sorry for rubbing it in and I will promise I make up for it by sharing more Aussie birds 

@shazdwnI hope you get to Broome, I have fingers crossed for you.

5 hours ago, shazdwn said:

I will promise I make up for it by sharing more Aussie birds 

And I know at least one of us will hold you to that.

Here we are not so much in lockdown as LOCKOUT.  We can go where ever we wish but can't come back. The ultimate irony.

Congrats on the century, lovely birds from down under.

Congrats on the 100th! wow a saurus crane in australia!

we're still waiting, and waiting, and waiting for Oz to let us in!! pse let us in! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2021 at 6:35 PM, Treepol said:

and unfortunately the trip to Western Australia is now in doubt :angry: so this may be a very short big year for 2021!

Aaahh, shame, glad you got the Queensland trip in at least.  Ive pretty well given up planning anything outside WA, sick of cancelling.

Congrats on reaching the 100 at warp speed.

@elefromozsadly we have deferred our trip to the southwest of WA to February next year and we'll save Broome for another time. Just too much uncertainty around at the moment. :angry:

Wow, you made great progress since I last checked in. Congrats on getting past #100, and who knows maybe another trip will be possible after all. These Covid rules change all the time. 

• 2 weeks later...

I know that we are blessed in terms of birds, but then I look at your birds and I think 'damn, they're so lucky..., and they have a Peaceful Dove!' Thanks for sharing them - and well done on your 100!