Honey - is that a lion ?

Africalover

This is not a trip report, but I want to share some anecdotes from my trip to Ngorongoro, Serengeti and Lake Natron, together with my upcoming wife.

As always when I/we are on safari in Tanzania, we always go with our friend and guide Otto Mlanda, @Otto..The bushbaby With whom I have been to many places in Tanzania, several times - Selous, Ruaha,Katavi, Serengeti, Ndutu, ect.

Some of you might have read my previous TR.

For 2 years We have tried to do a selfdrive - Kgalagadi, Mabuasehube, Moremi, Khwai - Covid 19 stoppede that.

Instead we managed to do a trip to Northern TZ. 2021

To me going on Safari, has always been to get as close to nature and animals as possible - this we certainly did on this trip.

As always we try to only use Special campsites, to be as isolated as possible. This is very expensive in Tz - much more than Botswana.

Image of our campsite - Seronera 

9M0A0513.jpg

Images from Seronera :

9M0A0500.jpg

4T1A9453.jpg

4T1A9417.jpg

@Africalover, I am impressed by your photographs! Waiting for anectodes! :D

Leopard on the tree - where was it? Quite an open space behind. Where is exactly Seronera? Beautiful campsite!! Northern TZ? 

I've never been to Tanzania or Kenya but I'd like to change it   ;-)  I've been to Africa 15 times... I think, it's time to go to Tanzania ;-) What season do you normaly go? Ndutu - in Feb? Ruaha? I did have a look at the Otto's website by the way... But you know the best marketing when somebody shows the leopard which was found by Otto ;-) or other animals and nice landscapes.

I am very curious about your stories!

@ElenaHThank you for your kind comments. I usually go in the dry season, sep/oct. Ndutu Jan/feb.

But I have been in Botswana feb/march - great. Africa never disappoint me when ever I go!
Ruaha will not disappoint you, I have been several times - love this place. If you have the nerves, and don’t require much luxury camp at Ifuguru special campsite. Right in the heart of the action.

More images from Seronera.

First time for me/us, Cheetah with 4 cubs 

4T1A9319.jpg

4T1A9320.jpg

4T1A9346.jpg

4T1A9332.jpg

4T1A9276.jpg

4T1A9234.jpg

BIG MISTAKE!!!!!

Don´t start the engine when a big bull elephant passes your vehicle and move on in front of you. He really showed signs of smashing the vehicle. Otto did a great job preventing that. He finally went aside and we rushed away

9M0A0438.jpg

Another image of our Serengeti - Seronera special campsite - absolute wonderful

9M0A0441-4.jpg

Patience is best. ;) glad you were OK

Another beautiful female leopard - seronera

4T1A9497.jpg

4T1A9492.jpg

5 minutes ago, wilddog said:

Patience is best. ;) glad you were OK

We know elephants react prompt on noise - we thought he knew our presence since he just passed us - he had forgot:wacko:

Botswanadreams

Beautiful Seronera images. Thanks for cheering. Which Special Campsite was it?  

@Africalover Some great photos, my favorite is the elephant, too close for comfort ;)  And it looks like you had some great big cat sightings ...

54 minutes ago, Botswanadreams said:

Beautiful Seronera images. Thanks for cheering. Which Special Campsite was it?  Sero 5

19 minutes ago, JayRon said:

@Africalover Some great photos, my favorite is the elephant, too close for comfort ;)  And it looks like you had some great big cat sightings ... Thanks, more to come…

52 minutes ago, Athene said:

@Africalover

I very much like your photographs and little anecdotes. I hope there will be more:)

Thanks for your kind comments 

Cheetah boys full after finishing a Topi calf - Seronera

4T1A9634.jpg

4T1A9579.jpg

4T1A9646.jpg

4T1A9651.jpg

Fantastic photos! The cheetah mum and cubs I think I could have watched all day. And those most recent cheetah photos -  "full" is a bit of an understatement!! Love his balloon belly :lol:

it amazes me that cheetah can move at all when they have gorged themselves like that. Lovely series of images 

Edited by wilddog

15 hours ago, Africalover said:

Cheetah boys full

Bellyful and a half!!!

Enjoying this, stunning set of pictures of the cheetah family.

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Some more images of Seronera Cheetahs

4T1A9310.jpg

4T1A9347.jpg

4T1A9278-2.jpg

4T1A9273.jpg

4T1A9278.jpg

The big guy before he went grumpy

4T1A9376-2.jpg

4T1A9386.jpg

offshorebirder

Thank you for this photo essay @Africalover

Your photos are excellent!   My favorites are the Superb Starling, the group of Elephants walking towards the camera, the Cheetah cub closeup, the photo of Seronera, and the Cheetah carrying the rib cage.