Zvezda & Alex BY2022: Back on track

xelas

8 hours ago, pedro maia said:

A true Son of Anarchy :P.

Nope, just a HOG (Harleys Owners Group) member ;).

• 2 weeks later...

While the batteries are recharging and SD cards reformatted before our upcoming birding trip to India, it is time also for us two to reach next BY "century". Here are 3 birds I was hoping to get a better photo, and failed.

BY 196 / SI 084

Eurasian Bullfinch - Pyrrhula pyrrhula

1909891876_084-EurasianBullfinch.JPG.79d4ef4cd156fb77664e59ddd5a2a070.JPG

Domžale    30-Jan-2022

BY 197 / SI 085

Common Firecrest - Regulus ignicapilla

1517281864_085-CommonFirecrest.JPG.47a53287cab77bc19eb8cb7ff1810abb.JPG

Škocjanski zatok    1-Mar-2022

BY 198 / SI 086

Common Crane - Grus grus

301826483_086-CommonCrane.JPG.94c187647256e8b982656c28e7e9a871.JPG

Ljubljansko Barje    14-Mar-2022

Two additions from a short visit that was not to have any birding included. However, one can not miss an opportunity.

BY 199 / FR 001

Carrion Crow - Corvus corone

1248395180_CarrionCrow-FR.JPG.1e7d4a95e2c63b807dbcfa9307e178af.JPG

Paris    25-Apr-2022

BY 200 / FR 002

Canada Goose - Branta canadensis

1741414518_CanadaGoose-FR.JPG.ad5e9dab9d9ce74187d942d3a435bc91.JPG

Paris    25-Apr-2022

Congrats on the double century. Could be doubled with a trip to the subcontinent? :ph34r:

Good to see your Double century come up at last.

As @Tdgravessuggests. You can expect a quantum leap in November (even allowing for less Bulbuls.).

Well done on reaching 200!

Any photo of a Firecrest is a good photo!

Have a great time in India

3 hours ago, Tdgraves said:

Could be doubled with a trip to the subcontinent? :ph34r:

Thanks, and I certainly expect to double the score.

2 hours ago, Galana said:

(even allowing for less Bulbuls.)

But Bulbuls there are!

2 hours ago, TonyQ said:

Any photo of a Firecrest is a good photo!

Yeah but this one does not show how beautiful Firecrest is.

Congratulations on the 200 and have a fantastic time in India!

24 minutes ago, Zim Girl said:

Congratulations on the 200 and have a fantastic time in India!

Thanks! There will be a TR ... hopefully.

Congrats on the 2nd century! and have a great trip to India - all new birds for the BY too. 

TR pse. 

Congratulations Alex and Zvezda!

Dave Williams

Well done on the 200, and good luck in India!

Presume you don't have the same problems with VISA's that the Brits do? India is off my list indefinitely. Mind you so is the USA as they make you apply in person for a VISA if you have been to Cuba.I'll spend my money elsewhere!!

22 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Presume you don't have the same problems with VISA's that the Brits do?

Nope. eVisa was a straightforward and quick process.

Edited by xelas

22 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Well done on the 200, and good luck in India!

Presume you don't have the same problems with VISA's that the Brits do? India is off my list indefinitely. Mind you so is the USA as they make you apply in person for a VISA if you have been to Cuba.I'll spend my money elsewhere!!

Mind you, they don't stamp your passport in Cuba so, if you don't say anything............ 

Dave Williams
17 hours ago, Galago said:

Mind you, they don't stamp your passport in Cuba so, if you don't say anything............ 

Well,well...you are right our passports weren't stamped this year or when we went in 2016. I never even looked until you pointed it out.

Another kick from leaving the EU , UK citizens have to apply in person for an Indian VISA...might change with Rishi in charge! India must be losing out on tourist revenues as it's always been popular with UK visitors although a large proportion probably go for the cheap cost of living and spend a whole winter there. Must admit if the likes of Goa is populated with obnoxious Russians and their bad behaviour as well as the Union Jack mob then I'm best keeping away.

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

Another kick from leaving the EU , UK citizens have to apply in person for an Indian VISA...might change with Rishi in charge!

Nothing to do with "Brexit". More to do with tit for tat for Indians applying for Visa for UK. Don't bank on Rishi doing anything soon.

2 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Must admit if the likes of Goa is populated with obnoxious Russians and their bad behaviour as well as the Union Jack mob then I'm best keeping away.

Dave, I will keep an eye on these, and will report back. Although, after rereading the birding itinerary, I am afraid we will not see either, nor have any beach time :wacko:. From Dawn Till Dusk directed by Martin Dunn :D.

At least the number should be high :).

Edited by xelas

Congrats on the second ton Alex, have a nice trip to India!

Dave Williams
1 hour ago, Galana said:

Nothing to do with "Brexit". More to do with tit for tat for Indians applying for Visa for UK. Don't bank on Rishi doing anything soon.

EU citizens can apply for E-Visa's.UK can't and worse still those who bought a 5 year E-Visa can no longer use it either despite it not having run out of time.

Glad you have yours sorted Alex, hope Martin has too! Should be a great adventure!

Edited by Dave Williams

@Dave WilliamsNot the place to argue this but the debacle has nothing to do with Brexit. Many people, inside and outside EU, have different Visa fees for different countries.. I could not get eVisa for India until about 2016 and it was stopped in 2020 long before UK passports were cancelled.

Ireland get freebies in Rwanda, EU don't. I get freebies in TZ and Namibia. A lot, UK included, pay $50. It is all negotiated on a Country by country basis.

From Dawn Till Dusk directed by Martin Dunn :D.  Is it a book or a film?

Edited by Galana

3 hours ago, Galana said:

Is it a book or a film?

Time will tell :D