2023 for better or worse _ Soukous

Soukous

Beautiful shots of the snow buntings! 

Well done with the Snow Bunting- well worth the winter walk

Agree, lovely bird - and photos! 

8 hours ago, Soukous said:

I should rename this as my sluggish Big Year.

Next year you might opt to visit some greener pastures :lol:.

Quality often counts over quantity.

I have dealt with the problem of overlap between BY and a Trip report by giving preference to BY on the assumption that readers of Trip reports are not all birders so spare them the overdose.

great photos of the small birds. I love snowbuntings  - esp the male in white!

BRACQUENE
On 12/30/2023 at 10:07 PM, Galana said:

Quality often counts over quantity.

I agree and your snow buntings are lovely Martin ! 

Peter Connan

Truly stunning photos!

Dave Williams

I think you had a bigger sabbatical than I did Martin but I think like me the weather played a part!

One of my birding highlights was meeting you at Minsmere even if as a result of your hot tip for Dartford Warbler I came within inches of standing on an Adder!! 

Your 2022 Goa trip also inspired me to visit Backwoods Camp, The Old Magazine House was just a bit too far from our base in Betalbatim.

21 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

One of my birding highlights was meeting you at Minsmere even if as a result of your hot tip for Dartford Warbler I came within inches of standing on an Adder!! 

Well that shows what a dull year you must have had if meeting me was one of the highlights :P

as for adders, you told me you wanted to see one so that's a result.

Dave Williams
8 hours ago, Soukous said:

Well that shows what a dull year you must have had if meeting me was one of the highlights :P

It did get better after you left Martin, Buff-breasted Sandpiper was one of my three UK lifers last year!

and in truth it was a reasonably dull year :o 

but it was still a pleasure to meet you nevertheless:D and you should be honoured....I don't get out much!!!

Adders. Too many of those abut in hides. They annoy me with their constant counting out loud.