Tdgraves smaller big year 2023

Tdgraves

BRACQUENE

Congratulations on a fantastic year ; if this is a small one what will the next one be ?;)

Tdgraves
39 minutes ago, BRACQUENE said:

Congratulations on a fantastic year ; if this is a small one what will the next one be ?;)

smaller! thanks Peter

2 hours ago, Tdgraves said:

just come back from a walk as the sun finally came out

Early starters get the ... bird!

Edited by xelas

Tdgraves

I knew it would happen - just took the card out of the camera and there were a couple of shots that had not been transferred over

Kicheche Valley in camp, 30/11/23

Canon 5D mark IV, 100-400, ISO 1000, f5.6, 1/5000

53434345367_01c052a316_k.jpg7T4A5719 by tdgraves, on Flickr

463) Rock martin

A very respectable score for 2023! May the new year bring even more birds, but apparently you already made a flying start on the first day.

michael-ibk

That´s a great Oxpecker photo to finish! Really enjoyed your Big Year, looking forward to the next one. Bearded Reedling to start 2024 - that's pretty cool!

Tdgraves

Thanks @michael-ibkand a passable, if distant shot to post to boot!

Hopefully the Big Year 2024 thread will be up and open soon.

Kitsafari
On 1/1/2024 at 6:52 PM, Tdgraves said:

Thanks @Galana @xelas @Peter Connan and @Kitsafari

just come back from a walk as the sun finally came out - saw and photographed bearded reedlings as well as stonechat, which I don’t think I even saw until November 2023….

The sun came out, the bearded tits were posing, the stonechat was sunning - all on the first day. A good omen for 2024 for you!

Tdgraves
Just now, Kitsafari said:

The sun came out, the bearded tits were posing, the stonechat was sunning - all on the first day. A good omen for 2024 for you!

and today normality has resumed - it is very wet and grey :D

pedro maia

Congrats on #400 and on a very good BY, great collection from Kenya with some very nice duplicates!

Edited by pedro maia

Zim Girl

Congratulations on getting way past 400.  Enjoyed your Kenyan birds a lot, and a really brilliant set of duplicates.

Tdgraves

Just choosing favourites from our Kruger trip and I found this. It is the only shot I got, could it be a Stierling's wren-warbler? Seen at Phalaborwa gate, 15/9/23

53442737139_ebc002d2d8_k.jpg7T4A8970 by tdgraves, on Flickr

Dave Williams

Some excellent shots in an extremely creditable score. Well done. 

I see you lost the way to label them all too, I totally empathise. Is that a Tawny Eagle with the Lapwing in its talons?

Tdgraves
3 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Some excellent shots in an extremely creditable score. Well done. 

I see you lost the way to label them all too, I totally empathise. Is that a Tawny Eagle with the Lapwing in its talons?

Yes it was

22 hours ago, Tdgraves said:

could it be a Stierling's wren-warbler?

Well it may as well be. It's your list.

Tdgraves

OK, well that's as good as I had hoped for...

Kruger National Park, 15/9/23

Canon 5D mark IV, 100-400 Mark II, ISO 640, f7.1, 1/800

53442737139_ebc002d2d8_k.jpg7T4A8970 by tdgraves, on Flickr

464) Stierling's wren-warbler

Tdgraves

eBird says that I saw 524 species last year, so I am missing 60. Maybe could try and consolidate the lists, but given I have two TRs outstanding and am off to the Kruger again next week, maybe not!!

Even though you are 60 short, it’s a very respectable score with many excellent photos. Enjoy your Kruger trip!

Not a problem. Seeing is not necessarily photographing so bound to be a shortfall.

Enjoy Kruger. and lets ave those Reports.

Tdgraves
28 minutes ago, Galana said:

Not a problem. Seeing is not necessarily photographing so bound to be a shortfall.

Enjoy Kruger. and let’s ave those Reports.

There are always a few missed, but I was surprised at quite how many there were…