Birds and Temples of northern Thailand - March 2023

xelas

7 hours ago, xelas said:

OTOH there was nowhere else to go anyway.

Ah! My Mum used to say that 'Honesty is the best policy'. The truth will always come out.:lol:

Enjoyed your trip. Thanks for sharing.

@xelasa great report - really enjoyable. Excellent photos from both of you - food, birds, temples all great.

Practical details very helpful as well. You make us want to return (when we went a long time ago there were no birds in Thailland :D)

I got behind here but finally caught up, very nice trip with great pictures, the food looks amazing, that alone makes me want to go back to Thailand, I love road trips and it seems to be a good country for that, it goes to the to do list.

You and Zvezda had planned a fantastic self-drive itinerary in a strange country on all on your own! Bravo!

I loved Doi Inthanon's boardwalk through the mysterious ethereal forest with the mist and moss hanging from the ancient trees. and you did so well with the birds despite the low light. 

and wow on the birds you got at KKC! some of which we missed. i think this calls for a return to KKC but to this lodge - for a change - instead of the one we went to. 

Beautiful photos throughout. thank you for sharing your trip. 

Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos and interesting stories with us! It looks like you had a wonderful trip.