xelas

Peter Connan

Looks like a wonderful end to the trip Alex!

At least your shirt from 2017 still fits, so the problem can't be that bad?

Peter Connan
18 hours ago, Soukous said:

It is spectacular, but personally I prefer the Sani pass. The birding is much better.

My only trip up Sani (followed by a few days travelling through Lesotho) was taken just about at the same time as my interest in photography (and as a result birds) was starting to bloom, and my overriding memory was of just how little natural life (including birds and trees) Lesotho retained.

I am not sure if the weather (it rained almost the whole week) had something to do with it.

Edited by Peter Connan

8 minutes ago, Peter Connan said:

At least your shirt from 2017 still fits, so the problem can't be that bad?

Front view is still acceptable, side view not that much :D. My new motto is: No belly no biker!

Peter Connan

I have the same problem Alex.

Soukous
1 hour ago, Peter Connan said:

my overriding memory was of just how little natural life (including birds and trees) Lesotho retained.

True, once you get to the top of the pass Lesotho is pretty barren, but looking back towards South Africa the view is spectacular and we managed 93 species on an grey day. Normally it would be 100+.

PeterHG

Thanks for you report, Alex, with so many great photos!  It has rekindled the SA flame…

Soukous
1 hour ago, PeterHG said:

It has rekindled the SA flame…

and the hunt for a Black-headed Canary