AP1GczOgM1Um6_YZymrMoHPm_yNQHnoznGuAsbmn

Happiness is a mud covered ele.

AP1GczOF_ozVkoTn4krobYKkTfPt9rZZjHOwKE_g

Another one showing battle scars

AP1GczPjyQdDhmYPdvH8y-i-r8qZqRx0hdS04A3X

Water Thick-knee

AP1GczND4_UI9wAj1BEgyy6SaVdBitdPAvp6oTcw

Malachite kingfisher

Our ride back to Harare, unbeknown to me, this was also @Grasshopper_Clubarriving
AP1GczMLhdUMm13mLnKK-mDW_hA6JeptjG5Exi7j

Take-off from Chipinda Pools

Landing at Harare

Unfortunately, Doug wasn’t able to rearrange our fly-camp night but even so it had been a great trip that all 5 of us had thoroughly enjoyed so a big thank you to Doug, Matt & Melody for looking after us so well and to Caroline, Carolyine, Lynn & David for being such great traveling companions.  A huge thank you must also go to Stacey back in Harare for all her “back-office” activities and especially, when we discovered that our flight back to Harare wouldn’t allow us to visit the market for those all-important souvenirs, did a WhatsApp poll of what sort of thing we would have been looking for and met us at the airport with them. Brownie points for me when I got home (:D), thanks again Stacey.

Finally, I stumbled across Gonarezhou - The Movie on YouTube the other day.  It’s a Zimbabwe anti-poaching awareness film that, whilst it's not going to win many Oscars, was quite interesting to watch & try to figure out where the scenes in the park were filmed.  It also shows what the park looks like in the "green season" - very different from when we were there.
There's an obvious bit of "artistic licence" towards the end when the lead actor jumps off the "Broken Bridge" to escape but is hobbling towards the Chilojo Cliffs when he gets shot - just in front of camp!!  My reckoning puts the two about 40km apart!!
It might keep you entertained of an evening & for those who’ve been to Gonarezhou, bring back some good memories.

So, “That’s all folks”.  Thanks for reading along and for all your likes & comments, it’s been great reliving the trip for you and I hope you’ve enjoyed the journey.  

Edited by AfricIan

michael-ibk

Thanks Ian, very much enjoyed "seeing" Gonarezhou again. 

AfricIan
3 hours ago, michael-ibk said:

Thanks Ian, very much enjoyed "seeing" Gonarezhou again. 

Glad you enjoyed it Michael, I’m looking forward to hearing about your latest adventures!

Peter Connan

Better late than never I hope.

Thanks for a wonderful report filled with interesting events, wonderful humor and lovely photos.

AfricIan

Thanks Peter, it’s never too late 😊