Botswana Day at Little Kwara; Tracking expeditions with Mr.Moe; Wild Dog diaries; The great floods of 2009; Early rains and lots lots more;

madaboutcheetah

Hi Hari,

Can you please explain a bit more about 737s, are they Air Botswanas own aircraft or just rented ones. On their homepage they say nothing about jets, just the ATR:s. Must be a significant increase in capacity as well which would be nice...

By the way does Alison still guide at Lagoon?

cheers,

Tom

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• madaboutcheetah

• twaffle

• Atravelynn

• Jan

madaboutcheetah

Hi Tom,

Not sure if it's a new plane or just leased by them. It was without the Air Bots colors. I did ask the hostess and she just said "We have this as well, besides the ATRs". Yes, more seats and more comfortable too. But, it was running empty the other day. Plenty of space if you need to store stuff under the seat in front of you. I did have the usual ATR however on my way to Maun from JNB.

Apparently, Kenya Airways also flies to Gabs from Nairobi thesedays for anyone who wishes to avoid JNB during the world cup.

Yes, Allison is at Lagoon along with Dijou and Alberto (brother of BB - ex Selinda)

Cheers

Hari

Welcome back, Hari. Keep up the great thread!

madaboutcheetah

Thanks, Andy.

Such excitement, Hari! Even Botswana Day! I got up to the leopard who doesn't like gulping from the water bottle. How very odd. A momma's boy cheetah is a bit odd as well. Nice going with the caracal, not to mention the dogs.

madaboutcheetah

Thanks, Lynn.

Yes - pretty odd the entire trip. Straight from the visas to the weather to the odd/weird sightings.

I knew something was up, when the evening I was leaving for the airport India lost to Pakistan in the cricket (and badly too). Not a good start to the trip!

Hari, I made no mention here of Australia's win in the Champion's Trophy. Didn't want to rub it in. :D

madaboutcheetah

Good on the Aussies, Twaffle. Congratulations!!!

Good stuff, Hari. You are a legend at Kwando! Make sure to post the sable photo!

madaboutcheetah

Thanks, Safaridude. Shall see if a viewable pic of that sable bull.

I have gone a very deep shade of green - more Caracal ... 45 minutes... Dogs in bucket loads and being peed on by an Eagle owl!

Another ditto and when do we get to see caracal photos???

Have very much enjoyed this and--again--cannot wait to see the pictures even if there are gray skies/"poor" light. That makes it all the more real.

Thanks for the report, Hari! I too would like to see the caracal photos, but I don’t want to see any cheetahs eating a tsessebe.

Hopefully your cricket team had some victories while you were away. You certainly had some victories.

madaboutcheetah

Sorry, about the delay with the pics. I hope to have some up this weekend. Shall look at the Caracal ones first.

Nyamera - Yes. Tssesebe is a cousin of the Topi, isn't it?

Lynn - No. The Indian Cricket laid a giant Goose Egg. But, as you'll know my Phillies are en route to the World Series.

Tssesebe is a cousin of the Topi, isn't it?

Yes, they are quite close relatives, but not as good-looking as us.

madaboutcheetah

http://www.pbase.com/haris_7/root

Hi! Extremely sorry with the delay with editing and posting images. I have so far worked on very little - here's the first 25 from some of the flash cards that I have worked on. Still a long way to go - shall keep adding as and when possible and keep you posted.

The pics are under "Lebala and Little Kwara October 2009"

Thanks,

Hari

MisterAviator

Fantastic photos! I especially like the two images of hyena in water.

Fantastic photos! I especially like the two images of hyena in water.

Ditto. Well done.

The Hyena silhouette is superb.

These are wonderful. You stopped the action on the dogs very well and we know they didn't halt and pose.

Definitely worth waiting for. My favourite is the wild dog puppies on the water's edge … absolutely stunning.

I do think you need a warning on the cheetah photos for Nyamera's sake! :(

Great photos, Hari. That first hyaena in the water *almost* looks like an otter...!

madaboutcheetah

Thanks a lot, for all the kind words!!! I really am encouraged to not be lazy now - shall work on more flash cards and post more pics shortly. Shall update here once I have them uploaded.

Thanks

Hari

Alex The Lion

Great images, Hari.

Don't forget to send that email this evening or tomorrow!