Botswana Day at Little Kwara; Tracking expeditions with Mr.Moe; Wild Dog diaries; The great floods of 2009; Early rains and lots lots more;

madaboutcheetah

madaboutcheetah

Thanks  Russell.

Edited by madaboutcheetah

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• madaboutcheetah

• twaffle

• Atravelynn

• Jan

There are several photos that would be avatar quality, not that you need to make a change.

madaboutcheetah

Lynn,

I won't change my avatar by any means. That's a tribute to the mighty "Blood Brothers" ........

madaboutcheetah

http://www.pbase.com/haris_7/kwando_lebala...ra_october_2009

Hi! Have added some more pics. Lots more flash cards to work on - apologies for the slow editing. I shall keep everyone posted when the additions have been made.

Regards,

Hari

Lots of great cheetah action. I thought I read where you stated cheetah were scarce on this trip. Not so!

Indeed!

The cheetah cubs are special.

madaboutcheetah

http://www.pbase.com/haris_7/kwando_lebala...09&page=all

Hi! I have updated the pbase with pics of the Caracal amongst a few more. Still haven't gotten to a lot of my flashcards as yet - apologies for the delay. But, have been busy with work and other things :rolleyes:

Still haven't gotten to a lot of my flashcards as yet - apologies for the delay. But, have been busy with work and other things :lol:

Shall we have a poll to see if the delay is acceptable? :rolleyes:

The caracal is fabulous. I am looking right into its eyes. Wow!

madaboutcheetah

Thank You, Lynn!!!

madaboutcheetah

Very appreciative, everyone. Thank You!!!

Edited by madaboutcheetah

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sniktawk

Hari,

There are some stunning shots in here. I wish we had your luck at Kwando or is it all down to a quality guide (Spencer)?

Cheers

Ken

Well done! A viewing pleasure. Let's hope the green season is productive as well.

madaboutcheetah

Thanks a lot for the kind comments.

Ken, as you'll know you make your own "luck" with a good guide/tracker. For example., the Caracal is all down to Spencer - it was like working with a Magician - the way he got the Caracal to relax. This photo was taken after about 45 minutes of inching closer every 5 to 10 minutes of just waiting........ The Hyena pic - he recognized the photo op about 5 minutes before and just got me to wait..........

Not sure which ones you added but the pups playing with the ostrich feather is delightful. Lots of nice heavy drinking shots. Animals from the pond, that is.

Great photos as usual, Hari. Spencer certainly gets you in the right place. And you're pretty handy with the

camera.

Jan

What a wonderful gallery of photos, thanks for sharing them with us.

madaboutcheetah

Lynn, Jan and Twaffle ...... You'll are just too kind!!!

Lynn, Jan and Twaffle ...... You'll are just too kind!!!

No, Hari, just fans.

Jan

It puts the pressure on for any upcoming safaris. I'm starting to have nightmares that I won't see anything worth photographing, or if I do I'll be in the wrong place at the wrong time. OR have my camera set on something silly like last year when I knocked the exposure compensation to two stops over and had taken dozens of photos of grevy's zebras before I noticed. :lol:

Not likely to make that mistake again. (I hope)

madaboutcheetah

Twaffle,

I've seen your recent bird photographs ........ you are going to bring home some fabulous pictures from your Mara visit. I'm certain of that. Just remember ........ since you have your own vehicle at Serian, just stay put at sightings....... that's when you better your chances of observing something interesting.

Good advice and I'll try to have a Zen mantra … stay put and be calm. Of course, I'll have my little Hari good luck doll with me so that should help and now I think I will need to take a German bear as well. Then I should have no problems.