Let's see your Pangolin pics...

Game Warden

Following on from Jan's rare sightings, I know there are a couple of members with pictures of Pangolins taking up space on their hard drives - so upload them here: Let's see your PANGOLINS!

madaboutcheetah

I just got home from a day trip to Mumbai. Will do it tomorrow. I also need to read Lynn's detailed instructions as to how I can upload them onto this post!

I wasn't ignoring the FB message you sent me, GW - just been busy last two days!

Hari, I was about to nominate you. I don't think that your photo can be beaten! I'm jealous, but I did get you all

going with my remarkable effort.

Jan

Apologies for the terrible scans. Very old images from when I was not interested in photography.

Busi River flood plain, Chizaria N.P. 1994 whilst backpacking with Leon Varley.

pangolin1.jpg

Pangolin2GG.jpg

Superb Geoff, who saw the pangolin first? Did you get to see it roll into a ball?

Matt

Great photos, Geoff! Remarkably like my own!

Jan

Guest sniktawk

Now that is a very good (lucky) sighting, I have never seen one in good light, hence no pictures from me.

The scans are not terrible they are good, no colour cast apparent.

I can console myself with daylight sightings od Caracal and Porcupine.

Busi River flood plain, Chizaria N.P. 1994 whilst backpacking with Leon Varley.
Great photos.

And nice view of Obert's halter.

That's Stephen's holster. He was lead tracker in those days. Obert spent most of his time teaching an Aussie hack :rolleyes: heaps of amazing tracking skills. I've been forever grateful to him. 15 years later I still use those skills at home.

Superb Geoff, who saw the pangolin first? Did you get to see it roll into a ball?

Matt

From memory we all saw it at the same time. Then Mags (leon's wife) yelled pangolin and we all raced over to it. It was about 50 metres away and moving surprisingly quickly.

Yes, It rolled into a ball a few times but then started wandering around like it knew we meant it no harm.

Pangolins have to be one of the most unusual creatures I've seen (and I saw an echidna walking down the naturestrip in our street last week).

Now that is a very good (lucky) sighting, I have never seen one in good light, hence no pictures from me.

The scans are not terrible they are good, no colour cast apparent.

I can console myself with daylight sightings od Caracal and Porcupine.

Yep, I've had a daylight sighting of a porcupine walking about with Leon too. It might've been the same trip.

Not sure that this counts, but I thought of the Pangolin on this site today when I was checking the MM cyberdiary for Nov 22-28 because they spotted a Pangolin (not a wooden one) on the afternoon game drive. Wow!

Come on, more Pangolins...

That is a cracking image.

Wild Dogger, thats really great!

Jan

Wild Dogger, fantastic view showing those wonderful toes.

• 1 month later...

A request to the newer members recently joined: Let's see your pangolin pics...

• 1 month later...
Game Warden

Come on, where are they?