Show us your Cheetah Pictures

Guest sniktawk

madaboutcheetah

Thanks, Thomas. You got the sparkle in the eye! I saw it on your Flickr stream the other day.

Edited by madaboutcheetah

Having been at CCF for 8 months now, I have a lot of cheetah pictures! (But probably still far fewer than Hari!). The attached may not be remarkable, but I like it -- particularly because it is a camera trap image. That's Hi-Fi getting up close and personal with the camera...

post-5124-1298713071_thumb.jpg

madaboutcheetah

Hi Rick,

Saw your post re the animal planet episode. Please let us know when it is aired, so that we all get to see it.

Cheers

Hari

• 1 month later...

Some of my images from Kenya .....

Tsavo East 2007

Cheetah2.jpg

Cheetah.jpg

Masai Mara 2009

Cheetah3s.jpg

Cheetah1s.jpg

Game Warden

To coin a cricketing term which MAC will appreciate, "Howszat?"

• 1 month later...
MisterAviator

Male cheetah relaxing with the giraffe at Lagoon Camp in Botswana. Sept. 2009

And Female with four cubs at Chitabe Camp. Jan. 2011

Edited by Game Warden

Game Warden

MisterAviator, I've deleted the two attached files, as they were huge. Please do refer to my signature for advice on uploading images to Safaritalk. Thanks, Matt.

Game Warden

Ideal, thankyou for taking the time to upload. Matt

samburumags

Your last photo of the cheetah and four cubs/kittens was that on the Mara last year?? If so I have them on film but unfortunately nothing like yours!!

MisterAviator
Your last photo of the cheetah and four cubs/kittens was that on the Mara last year?? If so I have them on film but unfortunately nothing like yours!!

It was at Chitabe Camp, in Botswana, in January of this year. Does anyone know how they are doing? We were told the mother cheetah lost her previous two litters to predators.

These photos were taken at Mashatu late one afternoon in July 2008.

P1010197.JPG

P1010205.JPG

P1010228.JPG

Ayesha Cantor

Gosh, some truly awesome images, mom with cubs in particular. One of our females have cubbed, only evidence thus far is that her nipples look like they have been used ( for want of a better word ) We are keeping our distance so as not to disturb them but will post pics just as soon as I get some !

Regards

Ayesha

samburumags

Has anyone any sightings of the mother and 4 in the Mara??

• 4 weeks later...
safariguide

The 6 subadults cubs of Shingo; Masai Mara

post-13565-0-07693600-1308073251_thumb.jpg

A coalition of 3 younger males; Masai Mara

post-13565-0-46019900-1308073308_thumb.jpg

Game Warden

Wow, excellent images Safariguide: how ofen do you see this family of Subadults? They are Shingo's cubs? How they have grown since samburumags captured them in her video here.

Thankyou for posting them, and welcome to Safaritalk. Hope to see more of your work! Matt.

samburumags

Another snapshot for Hari taken @ Lebala

gallery_5715_361_74123.jpg

That is as the Americans say Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fabulous photograph

• 3 weeks later...
Game Warden

Cheetah kill - Frame by Frame... Taken by Whorty at Entabeni, with permission to post here from his album. Matt

gallery_6256_445_364287.jpg

gallery_6256_445_323237.jpg

gallery_6256_445_13955.jpg

gallery_6256_445_46557.jpg

gallery_6256_445_10268.jpg

gallery_6256_445_74996.jpg

gallery_6256_445_109729.jpg

gallery_6256_445_69441.jpg

gallery_6256_445_6509.jpg

gallery_6256_445_15129.jpg

gallery_6256_445_75359.jpg

gallery_6256_445_88298.jpg

gallery_6256_445_110005.jpg

gallery_6256_445_43088.jpg

gallery_6256_445_49595.jpg

gallery_6256_445_129409.jpg

gallery_6256_445_132068.jpg

gallery_6256_445_55856.jpg

gallery_6256_445_3124.jpg

gallery_6256_445_108215.jpg

gallery_6256_445_55952.jpg

gallery_6256_445_12070.jpg

My goodness! Amazing stuff....

OK, so I've just been thoroughly amazed and intimidated. Fantastic photos from everyone. Little over 2 months for my first safari. I am hoping to get photos for my own keepsake. After seeing all of these, I can't wait to go, but sheesh. I think I'll be too embarrassed to post what I come back with. :unsure:

• 1 month later...
Alex The Lion

One for Hari :)

mg_0786.jpg

When I visited the Okavango Delta in 2008, I was lucky enough to locate three cheetah cubs under a day old, and spent the next 11 days photographing them. At this stage, they were yet to open their eyes as they suckled and sought protection by their mother.

The shot was particularly hard to execute, with the tall grasses of the green season and a well concealed den beneath a small scrub bush.

Camera Techs:

Canon 5D + 500mm

1/250 @ F4

ISO640

madaboutcheetah

Awesome, Russell - I think i have seen this image before on your website. Images such as this, is a once in a lifetime moment!!!

So nice Russell - amazing thing to have seen, let alone get such a great photograph. Special.

• 5 months later...

6132832137_2cc9a3cec0_o.jpg

This poor cheetah cub (photographed in the western Mara) is almost blind. He has dense bilateral cataracts which are probably congenital (but may have developed secondary to infection -though usually those are only one-sided). He became distressed whenever his mother moved more than a few metres away making high-pitched bird-like chirping calls. He looked rather thin making it difficult to be certain about his age but clearly his mother had done well to rear him thus far.

It was difficult not to be moved by this poor cub's plight but if the cataracts are indeed genetically based then it is better that such "faulty" genes do not survive.

6132654389_917bb8b612_o.jpg

The last long walk!

As regards the cub above, with great sadness we watched him walk off into the long grass behind his mother, he was never seen again!

My daughter was heart-broken!

Edited by Rainbirder