Kenyan updates - Super LEEDS reporting live from the ground

Super LEEDS

Super LEEDS

Word up, homies

Just laid down to sleep. All i saw today was a bat as we left the plane and walked up the open-air gangplank into the terminal.

Currently spending the night at Country Lodge, Nairobi. Tomorrow on to the 2 N's: Nakumatt and Naivasha.

Game Warden

Video, photos, or you're making it up... ;)

Super LEEDS

Deffo when I get back, GW. But, where I have internet I'll try my best to sort it out!

Hold on...... You saying you don't believe me?

P.S. for those interested, I was technically in Burundi a few hours ago.

All right Super Leeds! We'll be in the Mara on Saturday assuming all goes as planned! Have a Tusker for me.

Super LEEDS

Now then PT!

We are there from Monday for 7 nights. How long will you be about?

So cool. I believe you both! :)

Game Warden

Note: edited in a smiley :)

Hi SL,

Just five days at Kichwa Tembo and then off to the Seychelles for a few days (as my wife has always wanted to go there so I'll just have to "suffer"!). We'll return and have a day/night in Nairobi and check out the national park and giraffe center. Some day we'll all met up at the same camp!! Where are you staying in the Mara? Where ever it is have a great time!

Edited by PT123

Fauna count: 1 bat

Yes, impressive spotting right off the plane. Auspicious sign I think.

I love the technical layovers for the bragging rights. Burundi is too cool!

Paul, you meant 'impressive spotting right off the bat', didn't you :D

I love the technical layovers for the bragging rights. Burundi is too cool!

Paul, you meant 'impressive spotting right off the bat', didn't you :D

You are developing pretty impressive pun-spotting skills yourself!

Super LEEDS

PT: 3 nights fig tree camp and 4 royal mara in the mnc.

Sangeeta: might ask more about Burundi when I get back :D

Thanks all for comments and AtL for be my game/species counting assistant :)

Am I allowed to be so tired!!?

Super LEEDS

Proof for GW :

gallery_11024_573_173107.jpg

Sopa Naivasha today. Lots seen. Waterbuck, zebra, thommies, giraffe (masai and reticulated), beautiful, enthralling colobus monkeys and buffalo. Becoming a birder so would like to say seen lots of those too! Superb starling, fish eagle, african hoopoe and finch lovebirds to name the faves.

Kigio tomorrow :)

Edited by Super LEEDS

Game Warden
:D I hope you find a screen in the bush for Sunday Night's game. Or I might just have to do a live ST feed for you ;)

Super LEEDS

Why are Leeds playing? :P

Man, totally forgot about the footy!

Game Warden

I will watch England beat Italy for you in the 1/4s, and likewise the semi and England win the final. Will swap reports :)

samburumags

Oh you lucky so and so SuperLeeds, give my love to the Mara

Man, totally forgot about the footy!

Is this something about you becoming a birder? I'm thinking it is sports talk.

You've seen my fav--the Hoopoe.

Lion Fanatic

I will watch England beat Italy for you in the 1/4s, and likewise the semi and England win the final.

As much as I hope that you are correct, GW...I think that the only trophy that England will win during our lifetime, is the one we won in '66.

We may get to the semi's, but that is as far as we will go this year.

But I have to say that we could be a force come 2014 in Brazil. I do like the young talent that's coming through though. The best in decades IMHO!!

Super LEEDS

Hi Twaffle, yes sports I'm afraid. Means I've totally forgotten about the major football tournament England are currently playing in.

LF, take your negativity off of my thread :P

Forgot to mention, I had a fleeting glimpse of a thin, green snake swimming on Lake Naivasha before vanishing on the land. The boatman said it was a green mamba.... I told the wife I doubted it, thinking they were arboreal (?). I was the one to see it too. Lots of lovely pied kingfishers and hundreds of pelicans.

Super LEEDS

Mags, I'll kiss a yellow-fever acacia for you. Nothing says Africa quite like them.

Birders: is it finch lovebirds or Fischer's? May have miss heard our Crescent Island guide. My east african birding app says the latter. Asante sana.

arboreal? You are becoming a birder! :D

Should be Fischer's

Super LEEDS

Big time :lol:

Just at Kigio Wildlife Conservatory today where a bush walk and night drive is the order of the day. Saw zebra, reticulated giraffe, eland and impala all on the way in. Dik diks on the early morning stroll at sopa naivasha as well a nice giraffe encounter.