Serengeti finally done right! the Asilia way, with "the big cats that roam" the Namiri Plains; Cheetah on demand and friends bitten by that Africa bug

madaboutcheetah

What an awesome trip report! I am looking forward for more photos, they are just outstanding.

Is off road driving allowed at Namiri?

madaboutcheetah

Thanks @@bettel - no off-road driving in the Serengeti.

michael-ibk

Love the last lion pic - mom doesn´t be too happy with her cub, looks like a "How many times have I told you that..." moment. :)

It's absolutely amazing how much the personality of the animals comes through in your pictures.

Also, I would NOT want to be that cub talking back to her much bigger momma.

Love the photos, Mac!

Those lion photos are amazing.

I need to get to the Serengeti, the traffic scared me away, but I imagine there are still places to go in certain months; and this report quickens the heart.

Sad about people putting their faces in iPhones and internet in common areas; I go to disconnect, though it is convenient to have...but truly not out in the public areas.

I did need a connection at Mara Plains (where you are considered a rock star for some reason :rolleyes: ) but I went to the library as requested...major snow storm ravaged the east coast and potential delays the next day when we left. I was offered another night - HUGE discount - and wanted to take them up on it if my flight was not leaving. Sadly I had to leave.....

madaboutcheetah

Thanks for all the kind comments - much appreciated!!!

A feeding scene like this is always interesting, as you never know which subject to focus on .......

post-308-0-48340500-1430454267_thumb.jpg

post-308-0-18404400-1430454402_thumb.jpg

post-308-0-70711200-1430454531_thumb.jpg

post-308-0-68006700-1430454640_thumb.jpg

post-308-0-05041000-1430454770_thumb.jpg

Love that tongue in the last photo, well captured. And the last cub and lioness in the previous series is a fantastic photo.

Kitsafari

what a face-off between mum and cub! fiesty cub and destined to be a leader i'm sure.

Love that snarl on the lioness' face in the second pix in #32. it's as if she's warning you to stay out.

PaulTully

Still a relatively new camp, so fantastic to hear more reports back from Namiri.

Great pics @@madaboutcheetah

Thanks @@Game Warden Matt for the heads up.

madaboutcheetah

Quick interlude from near Kibumbu Kopjes where we found this Secretary bird whoof down a puff adder......

post-308-0-55102400-1430488642_thumb.jpg

Game Warden

Super timing and capture MAC!

superb.

Did you have to wait for a long time?

madaboutcheetah

Wait for? If you meant the snake - no just bumped into the whole thing.... it was already happening when we saw it

love the secretary bird Hari

Safaridude

Love the wildebeests and kopjes in post #20. Also the secretary bird and the puff adder is a once-in-a-lifetime photo op!

Kitsafari

What a benign looking secretary bird. As if eating an adder is such a daily affair.

I did let out a Wow when i saw your photo....

Edited by Kitsafari

madaboutcheetah

Just lucky with that secretary bird - we were looking for the 4 Kings (male Lions one morning, as the other Namiri guides had seen them the previous evening when we were with Abigale the cheetah mum and her cubs) ....... wanted to find them early before they pass out for their daily siesta. Instead, we came across this secretary bird.

Great stuff Hari.

You're being very coy about the cheetahs this time. Normally you seem to just get straight to the main course, but your appetizers are very tasty so that is not at all a complaint.

madaboutcheetah

Thanks @@pault - no no no - not being Coy. It;s just a mountain of work to edit the cheetah footage. It's easier to do the other stuff first..... ;)

madaboutcheetah

More Lions ....... Images from the feeding scene where the pride is feasting on wildebeest (this was day two - when we found absolutely no general game and were wondering where the wildebeest came from into these dry and dusty plains);

Final 3 images features one of the 4 Kings possibly in Love .....

post-308-0-38658800-1430559724_thumb.jpg

post-308-0-04422300-1430559876_thumb.jpg

post-308-0-37295700-1430559985_thumb.jpg

post-308-0-48474800-1430560117_thumb.jpg

post-308-0-26557100-1430560313_thumb.jpg

post-308-0-87720300-1430560441_thumb.jpg

Hi Hari,

Superb secretary bird!

Great, you've finally managed to get an excellent view of a martial eagle.

graceland

Love the Love, Hari..Those lions, oh my!

Has one lion got a collar on? That secretary bird, wowzer!

madaboutcheetah

Thanks a lot, guys ......

Indeed - Lioness with collar. Tried hard to keep her out of the frame ...... not successful. The Serengeti Lion project has been monitoring the prides over several decades i suppose...