Kichaka Expeditions & First Walking Safari Sept. 2013

graceland

Finally got to read this whole trip report @@graceland - wow, I loved it! I am one who is unsure about the idea of a walking safari, but having had a little taste of being on foot seeing bears in Alaska, and now reading your report, I could see it might be something I could get into! Thanks for taking the time to write this, I really felt like I was there from your words, and some nice photos too!

Finally got to read this whole trip report @@graceland - wow, I loved it! I am one who is unsure about the idea of a walking safari, but having had a little taste of being on foot seeing bears in Alaska, and now reading your report, I could see it might be something I could get into! Thanks for taking the time to write this, I really felt like I was there from your words, and some nice photos too!

Thank you my friend, @Safarichick; I appreciate your reading the report ...believe it or not, I was wary of a wallk..but am now a true convert. It is such a RUSH actually being in the moment out in the wild....Having the perfect guide is crucial; and fortunately for us Mioli was all --and more we ever hoped for.

Any details you want I am happy to provide!

Dear Graceland,

I can't wait until next year since I'll be going to Kwihala camp, and then walking for 5 days. I'm now much more excited. My experience will be nothing less than mind blowing. I thank you very warmly.

Dear Graceland,

I can't wait until next year since I'll be going to Kwihala camp, and then walking for 5 days. I'm now much more excited. My experience will be nothing less than mind blowing. I thank you very warmly.

@@owenshaffer, I am sure you will be having a most "out of this world" experience with Moli and Noelle! And you are quite welcome...I do appreciate you reading my trip report and taking the time to offer a lovely comment.

And if you'd like to read another, there is one more from a 7 night guest over on ATR's (Africa Travel Resouce) website under Ruaha, Tanzania - Kichaka Expedtions which mirrors more or less everything I've said. When there have only been a handful of guests so far, it is difficult to have an idea of what to expect...so reviews are good for stirring up excitement.

I also received an email today from our TANAPA guide, Doudie!! Jud and I were so thrilled he took the time to write and ask how we are doing. I think Moli must have told him I spoke very highly of him. What a sweet gesture. I love hearing from our guides after a safari;but I've never heard from a ranger!

I guess i really do have to do back..he must miss me ;)

Just caught up with this. Wow, what a trip! @@graceland

It's great that you did an authentic walking safari. I am exhausted just reading about it. Well done and fine reporting.

Just caught up with this. Wow, what a trip! @@graceland

It's great that you did an authentic walking safari. I am exhausted just reading about it. Well done and fine reporting.

Ha Ha @@Safaridude, you crack me up~~

YOU could do this in your sleep..

And take Nat. Geo pictures while you're at it!

I do appreciate you reading mine, while GW and the ST community wants you to continue NOW with your own amazing reporting on Zambia :D

...and I'd like DETAILS on guides, mobile camps etc, whenever you feel like" PM'ing "me ...I am hooked! Totally.

Why via PM? Feel free to share publicly so all of us can benefit...

Why via PM? Feel free to share publicly so all of us can benefit...

Only because he mentioned a PM to safarichick , so I felt he" may not "want to mention Guides, Moblie Camps, good or bad... et al....heck, what do I know? I've only just begun!

No offense meant to ST, GW!

• 3 weeks later...

How unfortunate to be on the pilot training plane. I can only imagine your despair when you weren't experiencing waves of nausea. Not how you want to start a walking safari. You rallied well. Nice job of spotting for your first lion on foot! You get the prize on that one.

I have now finished this amazing adventure that you have recounted with heartfelt enthusiasm. You wore that bandage like a hard earned badge of honor! Your experiences and sightings will send a lot of visitors to Ruaha, me included. I hope your brother has enjoyed this report and I hope he is recovering. Thanks so much for sharing your adventures. This walking safari was a very different type of trip from your previous one. Makes me wonder what you might have planned for the next one.

I have now finished this amazing adventure that you have recounted with heartfelt enthusiasm. You wore that bandage like a hard earned badge of honor! Your experiences and sightings will send a lot of visitors to Ruaha, me included. I hope your brother has enjoyed this report and I hope he is recovering. Thanks so much for sharing your adventures. This walking safari was a very different type of trip from your previous one. Makes me wonder what you might have planned for the next one.

@@Atravelynn, thanks so for taking the time to read the long and winding road version of our first walking safari in Africa!

Although I have visions of Mana, Chitake Springs, Laikipia (and Serian in So. Tanzania) dancing through my head, we are returning with Kichaka Expeditions and Moli on a walking exploration in another area of Ruaha, towards Mpululu once permits are obtained. It was such an amazing trip even without the enormous amts of game we found in Botswana ---we felt we did not stay long enough, and we loved the wild and isolated feel to Ruaha Park.

Moli (and Noelle) are great hosts; the guiding was seriously intense with unexpected moments of surprise and so very personal - tailored just for the two of us. Many laughs along the way and a friendship bonded. We are seriously addicted....though I will be sure to interrogate the next pilot on his number of hours flying in the bush!

Til then, we are heading to Chile for some wild and crazy fly fishing in a very isolated area...sort of going on safari with flyrods. :)

P.S. Brother is doing very well; my wish would be to show him Africa, nowthat he is retired, but he is on a "no fly"program for awhile.

Thank you for the well wishes.

Just caught up with this TR. Wonderful! So great to see photos of Moli and Noelle. We have such fond memories of our time with them. Finding game or not.....they make everything fun!

Have fun in Chile. We're off to Botswana on Monday. Isn't life wonderful??

Cheers,

'Red

Just caught up with this TR. Wonderful! So great to see photos of Moli and Noelle. We have such fond memories of our time with them. Finding game or not.....they make everything fun!

Have fun in Chile. We're off to Botswana on Monday. Isn't life wonderful??

Cheers,

'Red

And you as well....visiting some of my fav. spots in Botswana! I cannot wait to hear all about it.. If you run into Z at Vumbura - just enjoy a chat with him. Amazing man. I miss him. Well, we miss everyone all the time! All the guides are terrific, but he "shined bright" along with Molemi at Chitabe.

Moli and Noelle are terrific at what they do; I am thankful to have listened to @@stokeygirl when she told me about their new venture in Ruaha!

A month in Bots; I am soo envious. Have an amazing time and if it rains, be happy. Brings the animals out to hunt!

Glad your brother is better. Has your husband seen the report?