Kenya the fabulous; Wild dogs of Laikipia; Malaika the show-stopper;Fantastic Mara Toto and Who said cheetahs are not seen too much in the Mara?

madaboutcheetah

madaboutcheetah

I will have to go on safari with him .......

The lion eye … OMG fantastic Hari.

Thanks, Lynn ......

@@graceland ...... Chalk and cheese comparison. To me, Lebala and second Lagoon are my favourite spots in Botswana.

The Mara is a completely different cup of tea. Those big skies; the plains game in their numbers (even if you don't see any of the migration); Cheetah and Lion in their numbers you won't encounter anywhere else ....... In my opinion, Great Plains tries to re-create the Botswana experience to the best of their ability(Maybe even a notch higher???) ...... Very high levels of service(in camp and flexible ethos). I've not done the Serengeti properly as yet ...... So far, the Mara in my book is way better in every way. I can't judge though, until I am with a proper guide in the serengeti(most important X factor on safari)

Kwando has my loyalty because of their awesome wilderness space and their ultra-flexible ethos, along with my guide Spencer who probably has guided me well over 150 days, so it obviously works!

Great Plains Kenya too in my book is just the same in terms of flexibility. Schedules tailor made to what one wants and all the small details taken care of - both in camp and in the bush.

I do think the ladies are going to Mara Plains, but, also combining with another camp I think (you will have to check when they return). While Mara Plains is the more posh camp (copper bath tub, room as big as a Central Park apartment) ...... I don't think Mara Toto lacks service standards by any stretch. SUPERB.

IMHO, the safari camp owner company that does both Botswana and Kenya very well, in terms of permanent camps (as opposed to mobiles) and an overall safari experience that appeals to me, is Great Plains. Kwando has superb concessions and top notch guiding in Botswana but no Kenya operation and WS does the luxury product well in Botswana but has just one camp in Kenya, somewhat off the beaten track.

Edited by AKR1

madaboutcheetah

Thanks @@twaffle and @@AKR1

Sorry this report is stuck in neutral ...... Guess what? After the last weekend, might have to open a second safaritalk account "alsodigstripes" ;)

I will have to go on safari with him .......

I know a couple ST'rs who would want your luck on their Mara Safari; can you come back :rolleyes:

Truly one of a kind sequence of lions. Sure hope I see one or two or maybe a cheetah, or a leopard. Sumthin

And add the India Tiger experience on; I want to hear it all!

• 3 weeks later...
madaboutcheetah

Sorry that I haven't updated this report in the longest time ....... Been caught up with a lot of stuff - anyways, here's a quick couple of images for the time being.

post-308-0-07674400-1419067393_thumb.jpg

post-308-0-92805200-1419067531_thumb.jpg

post-308-0-94278100-1419067642_thumb.jpg

Wow and another wow; hope to have some luck :D

They are of course adorable. Lets hope all do very well with Mum.

madaboutcheetah

Only 4 remain at the moment. One of the cubs unfortunately didn't make it!

• 1 month later...
madaboutcheetah

Will upload the last of the images that I've edited .......Thank You all for the interest in this thread; You guys kept me motivated through all the editing .... :)

post-308-0-71403700-1422167085_thumb.jpg

post-308-0-50010900-1422167163_thumb.jpg

post-308-0-19603800-1422167273_thumb.jpg

post-308-0-48217300-1422167360_thumb.jpg

post-308-0-32943100-1422167489_thumb.jpg

Those cheetahs are just so good.

Wow, the Cheetahs!

Love them loving on momma!

Thanks for coming back with more photos for the cat obsessed in us!

BTW I am joining the ladies in the Mara - Two weeks from today! Oh yea.... :D

madaboutcheetah

Thanks so much, guys ....... @@graceland - keep me posted!!!

OMG ! MAC

Absolutely fantastic and stunning. Very interesting to read about and som many good pictures and series. Makes me think of a third tour to the Mara. Well, well there is so many places.

Great way to finish a wonderful thread. I missed the previous post too, so doublle the pleasure for me.

madaboutcheetah

Thanks so much everyone ,... You guys are too kind

@@madaboutcheetah Super stuff...

i purposely stayed away from this thread until there were a considerable number of instalments. It was well worth the wait.

i have to agree with Mike (Bush dog) your photography has come a long way.

madaboutcheetah

That's a huge compliment coming from both Mike and yourself - Thank You!!!!

@@marg - i have lots of unedited stuff from all the various sightings - not really editing any of them at the moment.

Outstanding clarity against that beautiful blue sky! I always love when I see one of your threads bumped back to the top.

madaboutcheetah

You are too kind @@Marks - Thank YOu!!!

madaboutcheetah

PS - Just booked Topi House (Mara Bush House - part of Asilia) for mid-April .......... Wonder if I can find Malaika again? Hmmmmmmm

I'm with a whole bunch of friends and family - so, no specific agenda.

Edited by madaboutcheetah

PS - Just booked Topi House (Mara Bush House - part of Asilia) for mid-April .......... Wonder if I can find Malaika again? Hmmmmmmm

I'm with a whole bunch of friends and family - so, no specific agenda.

Cheers to you going back so quickly. I am hoping to find all your cats as well...maybe I can just hide at the camp til April and enjoy that bunch of friends and family, how fab!

If not I am sure the trip report will be full!