xelas

@@cheetah80

The withdrawal symptoms started to show already when on the plane flying out of JNB!! Last 6 or so weeks they were put under control by a special treatment called "write a trip report".

The next few months will be more difficult to combat them. Luckily there will be a trip to Sri Lanka soon enough. And there are always great trip reports to be read here on Safaritalk!

@@elefromoz

The life goes on ... sometimes on a curvy and a bumpy road, and sometimes in circles. When such a life circle leads us back to Kgalagadi ... we are happy travellers.

@@Tom Kellie

I have told, many times to Zvezda that she is an excellent photographer. Preparing the photos, well, that one was not so easy as our "field of view" on the same shot was very different (too) many times.

However, as she is the author (and the wife), and I am the producenr (and the husband) mine was the last word: "Yes, Darling!" :wub:

Dining with @micahel-ibk and with @@AndMic and with @@Seniortraveller was indeed a culinary delight ... but no credits goes to our way, as the main dish was prepared by Michael and the desert by Andrew and the table lovely arranged by the lady of the house! Once it will be our turn to host them, we will try our best to come at least close to their tasty food. To add on our "dinning with Safaritalk members" experiences, we have enjoyed very much also eating and sharing stories with @@Sangeeta in Vienna, and with @@Peter Connan in Jo'burg. I am looking forward to "meet and greet" also other ST members, both those living closer as others living far away.

~ @@xelas

Whichever Safaritalk members are blessed to dine at your table will surely enjoy such delectable Slovenian dishes as roasted potatoes and potica.

It remains my hope to someday meet you and @@michael-ibk in Europe, to savor food, wine and jovial conversation together.

Again, many, many thanks for your outstanding trip report, a labor of love from you and your wife.

Tom K.

@@Galana

I was under impression that birds are much higher on your personal list of interesting wildlife :P ?!

I will post more birds, and you have to promise me to correct all those wrong ID's. Deal?

Towlersonsafari

Hurrah @@xelas what a splendid trip report! We were at that last cottage in the KTC last year and reading your report brings it all back-what a splendid place the KTG really is. thanks for your report and your wife's photo's. We have been in Dorset for a few days and perhaps it was your report bringing back withdrawal symptoms of our own, but we found ourselves calling a shortcut over some hills-"The Dune Road" Thanks again for a splendid journey.

@@Towlersonsafari

I am so sorry that our TR worsened your, probably acute, travel illness :) ! Luckily there is always a "long cut" ... Africa is so close ...

The last standing lion bathed in the golden light is fantastic! I would frame that :)

Loved it all, birds and animals. KTP is truly a wonderful place, hopefully we'll get there someday. When and where is your next trip? How long do we have to wait for another trip report?

@@xyz99

Do your best and put Kgalagadi really high on your "to-go" list! It really deserve such a ranking.

Our next scheduled 8and already paid for) trip will be 3 weeks in Sri Lanka, in August. There will be a trip report for sure. But I am afraid it will be even longer then this one :o !

Wildlife and history and culture is a mix that will surely generates many photos.

There is one TR that I would like to post, from Azores. It is landscapes and street photography mostly, and I need to persuade Zvezda to take time for photos part.

@@Galana

I was under impression that birds are much higher on your personal list of interesting wildlife :P ?!

I will post more birds, and you have to promise me to correct all those wrong ID's. Deal?

You got it wrong! I only 'do birds' when the Ellies are quiet. :D

And you don't need much help with the IDs I am sure. But if you want to deal then I am up for it.

@@xelas

A wonderful trip report - so sad it is ending (please put in a bird section!)

This last section did have creatures saying goodbye to you - the light in the lion's eye is so beautiful, a wildcat again!!

Your writing has been very engaging and fun. Zvezda's photographs have been superb throughout - a real joy to see and to learn from

Thank you for all of the effort involved - but put in a bit more for the birds :)

I will enjoy your Sri Lanka trip report as I am sure you will enjoy the trip

@@TonyQ

Thank You so much for your words! There will be a separate post of our Marienvale birding day with @@Peter Connan.

The movie has all but finished, the audience is slowly leaving the theatre, and this is when the ending credits are rolling down the silver screen. For me, that is an integral part of the movie, so it would not be right if I would not included this into our trip report. With photos, of course. First the cast:

Alex, the planner, the driver, the assistant, the fire maker, the second shooter

post-47185-0-79320900-1459879975_thumb.jpg

Zvezdana, The Photographer

post-47185-0-66137300-1459880113_thumb.jpg

The Perfect Honeymoon Cottage

post-47185-0-13695900-1459879988_thumb.jpg

post-47185-0-71509900-1459879994_thumb.jpg

The Fish Eagle (you remember him, from the opening scene?!)

post-47185-0-99926700-1459880011_thumb.jpg

post-47185-0-02377000-1459880107_thumb.jpg

The Birds (to announce a separate report about birding in Marienvale ... soon in your theatre)

post-47185-0-75735900-1459879980_thumb.jpg

post-47185-0-26594300-1459880121_thumb.jpg

post-47185-0-83655800-1459880124_thumb.jpg

post-47185-0-67498600-1459880132_thumb.jpg

And the lights are slowly going out

post-47185-0-28354200-1459880136_thumb.jpg

post-47185-0-68231700-1459880139_thumb.jpg

post-47185-0-46517400-1459880142_thumb.jpg

THE END

wildlifepainter

I always cry at happy endings. What a great movie!

michael-ibk

Sequel! Sequel!

Peter Connan

I always cry at happy endings. What a great movie!

Weĺl said @@wildlifepainter!

Thank you @@xelas and Zvezda!

Seniortraveller

@@Tom Kellie

I have told, many times to Zvezda that she is an excellent photographer. Preparing the photos, well, that one was not so easy as our "field of view" on the same shot was very different (too) many times.

However, as she is the author (and the wife), and I am the producenr (and the husband) mine was the last word: "Yes, Darling!" :wub:

Dining with @micahel-ibk and with @@AndMic and with @@Seniortraveller was indeed a culinary delight ... but no credits goes to our way, as the main dish was prepared by Michael and the desert by Andrew and the table lovely arranged by the lady of the house! Once it will be our turn to host them, we will try our best to come at least close to their tasty food. To add on our "dinning with Safaritalk members" experiences, we have enjoyed very much also eating and sharing stories with @@Sangeeta in Vienna, and with @@Peter Connan in Jo'burg. I am looking forward to "meet and greet" also other ST members, both those living closer as others living far away.

While it would have been a great pleasure to have been present at a Safaritalk lunch, I think it may have been @@Michael ibk's mother you were referring to? I am probably in the right age bracket though!!!

Sorry, @@Seniortraveller , my bad! A free dinner is waiting for you, on your first visit to Ljubljana :) ! It was @@screentraveller , and yes, she is Michael's mother.

Edited by xelas

Great production! More.

Jaycees2012

@@Jaycees2012

I can see you are doing some heavy overtime reading :o ! I hope you are enjoying all the chapters ... it is kind of a sequel, and in 2017 there will be also part 4 :D .

@@xelas

Yes - we're both enjoying this sequel - but we're only on page 11 and the TR seems to be growing quicker than we're reading it. :mellow:

As always great photos - but the Cheetah Hunting sequence is stunning - it would have been amazing just to see it - but Zvezda's photos really bring the drama of the scene to life.

Also loved the Tawny Eagle flight sequence, the Golden Lions and the drinking Jackal. The "foo fighters" story was very funny - but I'm not so sure it would be that "funny" to face a Puff Adder indoors in a small cabin. :unsure:

At least the 'release date' for Part 4 means we've got plenty of time to get the popcorn in!! :)

Well @@xelas this is the third time you've taken me to Africa and I've enjoyed each one. Thanks for taking the time to write this and post the always outstanding photos. I look forward to reading your next adventure in Namibia next year.

@@xyz99

Do your best and put Kgalagadi really high on your "to-go" list! It really deserve such a ranking.

Our next scheduled 8and already paid for) trip will be 3 weeks in Sri Lanka, in August. There will be a trip report for sure. But I am afraid it will be even longer then this one :o !

Wildlife and history and culture is a mix that will surely generates many photos.

There is one TR that I would like to post, from Azores. It is landscapes and street photography mostly, and I need to persuade Zvezda to take time for photos part.

If you only knew how long that list is :)

But I've already added Kgalagadi as soon as I started reading your TR.

Sri Lanka sounds fantastic, I can't wait to read about it and see the pics. Happy to hear it's gonna be a long TR....don't you dare cut it down!

If I get to it, I'll post the Iceland one when we get back. Thanks for this wonderful story and commentaries, thank Zvezda for the amazing pics.

Ostrich ballet! Very nice!

The foo fighter puff adder story is a gem. Only in Africa. And the heroine of that tale is my hero!

The red hartebeest, whether viewed from front or rear, are striking creatures.

The gecko is captivating in its earth tones and textures.

Birds, mice, braai--your skills are versatile. Then aiming up, your one qualifying night shot is great. The owl at night is right in its element. What an action packed 4 days through p. 11!

Edited by Atravelynn

And that's a wrap! Great conclusion, breathtaking final photos.

OMG! Now what? Will I need to hire Wilbur Smith to help me with the Part 4, in order to keep up with the high level of your expectations? Nah, too expensive. Hmmm, I do have a friend who is also a writer .... I should ask him to become a co-writer on my next TR :P !

But seriously, it is me (and Zvezda) that should thank you all 71 members that have followed our journey, regularly or occasionally, for your generous and positive support. Believe me, I have enjoyed preparing and posting this TR as much as many of you have enjoyed reading it. And your likes and comments were icing on the cake.

Yes, I have done a quick statistic: 71 members were posting their likes or comments, the report spreads over 23 pages, with 460 post (and counting), and 445 photos were included. 40 days from first post to THE END. Not bad, eh?!

Thank you @@xelas and Zvezda for this great, beautiful and enjoyable TR.

Zvezda, your photos are absolutely stunning!

Hope to see both of you again soon.