Faulty starter motor, but I'll get it fixed . Soukous BY 2020

Soukous

Thanks to everyone for their efforts in making BY 2020 as fascinating as it has been.

Great to see so many people keeping this thread going and especially good to welcome so many new - and talented - bird photographers to the BY experience.

And thank you too Sir. Some really lovely shots in your thread this year.

I bet no-one else got given a Martial Eagle for Christmas. 

Especially one that is also a pinata. IMG-20201225-WA0024.jpg.55ec1b7cbb242b3f3c7eec4412609cc8.jpgIMG-20201225-WA0016.jpg.d2b22de925cee8429de9cafe83164b1f.jpg

@Soukouswhat a fabulous day out, while 2 degrees is a tad chilly for me, it looks like the rain held off, maybe its too cold to rain. Anyways, it all looks lovely and so many Birds around. 

Congratulations. A Martial Eagle that lays its eggs in boxes of Six. Gotta be a rarity.

Funny shaped nest too.

14 hours ago, Galana said:

Congratulations. A Martial Eagle that lays its eggs in boxes of Six. Gotta be a rarity.

Funny shaped nest too.

Picky

Happy new year @Soukous, love your martial eagle - superb bird to end 2020 on

On 12/31/2020 at 10:25 PM, shazdwn said:

Happy new year @Soukous, love your martial eagle - superb bird to end 2020 on

Yup. It looked good and was even better once cracked open to reveal all the sweets inside.

Just to close the book on my BY 2020

I was happy to reach my (revised) target of 200. I could probebly have squeezed a couple more in but as I was nowhere near the podium and the weather was crappy I lost a bit of motivation.

In amongst my tally..

I got a measly 80 birds in Africa

My UK total was 106, the first time I have got more in UK than in Africa

I photographed 93 species for the first time.

Overall, very happy.

Happy happy happy as well with your thread Martin. 93 photo „lifers“ is a very cool number - if I am very bored I will try to find out how many I`ve had myself.

Looking forward to your next Big Year.

17 hours ago, michael-ibk said:

Happy happy happy as well with your thread Martin. 93 photo „lifers“ is a very cool number - if I am very bored I will try to find out how many I`ve had myself.

Looking forward to your next Big Year.

Thanks @michael-ibkI'm still deliberating on how to go about BY 2021. Not sure that I just want to photograph all the same birds again. I mean I could go back to where I photographed Bean Geese (and others) a couple of weeks ago and take more pics with a new date stamp, but that doesn't really stimulate me. 

I'm more interested in checking out new birding areas and just seeing what I can find.

3 hours ago, Soukous said:

I could go back to where I photographed Bean Geese (and others) a couple of weeks ago and take more pics with a new date stamp, but that doesn't really stimulate me. 

Go do it and get them out of the way. Then you are free to seek new pastures. Win win!

2 hours ago, Galana said:

Go do it and get them out of the way. Then you are free to seek new pastures. Win win!

If I am in the area and I see them, I will probably photograph them, but I won't make a special trip just for that. They tend to be in fields with few other species around so not that exciting.

On 1/3/2021 at 7:00 PM, Soukous said:

They tend to be in fields with few other species around

That's what Geese do. At least it's open air and hopefully Covid Free.