BY 2022 - Soukous (even if there are no birds, you can still enjoy the music)

Soukous

Wow Martin, you´ve been racing recently. A great collection from India, and I really respect the quality you´ve shown us - hardly any ebcs! Particularly liked the Kingfishers, Bee-Eaters, Hornbills and the Trogon. And that Blue-something Monarch. (Yes, I know I´m not very original but there´s a reason all these families are so popular. :-)

Congrats on #400, and 8 more species should be doable.

(Go to the Zoo and don´t tell us, make up a great story of where you´ve been off to. It´s what I have been doing all year.)

A truly great trip and a very worthy result. Like others I really like that Trogon but again they are a striking genera worldwide..

10 days to go and 8 species. Stay alert and get down to the coast. You can do this.

46 minutes ago, michael-ibk said:

hardly any ebcs!

Those he left to us :D.

Dave Williams

Some stunning shots Martin and what a fabulous haul too. I guess you had no idea where the trip would take you in terms of the BY count but if like me you know you are so close to a magic number you have to give it a go. You are in a great location , there must be 8 species you can find. Go for it!

You may not get another chance or have the inclination to top 500 ever again.

Edited by Dave Williams

Half a century is so tantalizingly close, but I can see why you might want to end on such a superb, colorful and brilliantly photographed high!

These last few shots are truly excellent by any measure.

Excellent collection of Indian birds with a really beautiful one to finish.

Don't give up yet, it's not over until Big Ben chimes!

46 minutes ago, Zim Girl said:

Don't give up yet

I haven't given up, but the weather at the moment makes it much more pleasant to stay inside

6 hours ago, Soukous said:

but the weather at the moment makes it much more pleasant to stay inside

Pleasant ? Pleasant ??? This is the Big Year thread we’re talking about :D

4 hours ago, PeterHG said:

Pleasant ? Pleasant ??? This is the Big Year thread we’re talking about :D

I know just how he feels (not just old!). I went out earlier in the week and whilst the cold was not too bad (lady G does NOT like being driven with the windows down) there was very little about. I feel the birds have got their heads down under their wings and are not for coming out. Going on me hollies tomorrow and the cottage does have feeders and trees I can look at from indoors. Gotta be something to add to my IOM list at least.

Even of you don’t reach #500 it was very entertaining to follow your BY and your India count, thanks for so many nice pictures.

8 hours ago, pedro maia said:

Even of you don’t reach #500 it was very entertaining to follow your BY and your India count, thanks for so many nice pictures.

I fully agree!

Thank you all for the kind comments and I'll take this opportunity to wish you a very enjoyable festive season ☃️☃️☃️

Merry Christmas Martin!