Foxy has a cunning plan onwards and upwards.

Dave Williams

The final round up. The fastest 600 in the west.

Dave Williams
5 minutes ago, Galana said:

The final round up. The fastest 600 in the west.

I'm afraid not Fred! The final count for Goa was 88 new additions which I'm happy with considering the amount of time an effort I put in to it. I did see quite a few more that were in last years list so that saved me the trouble of processing those shots. I missed a couple of new ones but I'm planning a return visit to a different spot in Goa at the end of the year. I have to say though, it was one of the most enjoyable holidays I have had as there was no pressure to do anything, lots of relaxing and lots of great food too.

600 is going to have to wait quite a while I think but to be honest I can't at this moment see me going much beyond it for the whole year now either. 

Dave Williams
5 minutes ago, Tdgraves said:

Not that I have ever seen one, but isn’t your parakeet an Alexandrine? @Dave Williams

Well so it is! That's brilliant, thank you! It's much rarer than the Ring-necked too. I never thought to check as I just assumed. We don't see ring-necked ones in North Wales as you may do down south.

Dave Williams

Quite a few sightings of 594)Alpine Swift have been seen over the UK in the last week or so. Incredibly we had two the other day at our local RSPB reserve but earlier in the week I went to take a look and got lucky even if the conditions were poor.This one probably arrived from the Isle of Man

52788611104_9c9bfc6895_h.jpgAlpine Swift.    594 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

10 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

This one probably arrived from the Isle of Man

Nah! Ours all have three legs.

Oh. And whilst correcting you I would have thought our Slovenian Bulbul expert may have called out your White-browed Bulbul.#569.  He leaves everything to me.

How about Brown-headed Barbet?

I blame the hot Sun.:lol:

Dave Williams
1 hour ago, Galana said:

Nah! Ours all have three legs.

Oh. And whilst correcting you I would have thought our Slovenian Bulbul expert may have called out your White-browed Bulbul.#569.  He leaves everything to me.

How about Brown-headed Barbet?

I blame the hot Sun.:lol:

It’s been dull for the last few days. Not sure how I arrived at that ID as I doubt they even exist. It’s a White- cheeked Barbet perhaps.

Edited by Dave Williams

Peter Connan

Beautiful shots Dave!