B.Y. 2019. The Tortoise rules!

Dave Williams

Fantastic owl shots! I’ve still yet to see a short-eared owl 

4 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

I use Flickr. You just copy and paste the BBcode into your thread.

Thanks but I have lost too many pics to trust that. Kodak, Flicker, Shutterfly etc., have all failed me.

I don't need outside backup or storage. I have my own ways of saving my ECBs for posterity.

I just would like to be able to post them in the relevant BY thread. No need to save em for ever and after a couple of years the BY can go.

I did not even know folks were using ST for their own storage purposes.

Peter Connan

Magnificent owls Dave!

Oh, those magical owls ... for these, even I would sit in the blind for hours!

Absolutely superb job, @Dave Williams! Such an owl can easily scare a rabbit away ....

Uuuups, should post to my page ...

Edited by xelas

Incredible owl shots, Dave!

Dave Williams

79) African Darter.

From The Gambia nearly all my shots were taken in and around Kotu Creek which is right next to our preferred hotel. Gives me the opportunity to wander as I tend to no longer spend any time on a sunbed.

This was the only Darter of the trip.

47481143581_ca743fe9bd_b.jpgAfrican Darter Anhinga rufa by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Dave Williams

82)African Palm Swift.

This is an interesting one, not the best of photos but apparently better than the one someone already has. She is apparently writing a book about the birds and mammals of Southern Africa and sent me a PM asking if she could use this picture in her book for which I would get the credit. She'd been unable to download the photo ( I have set my preferences to stop it) so would I send her a copy by email. I haven't bothered replying. Why? 

Because she tried to download it before she asked!

40515058783_13ef88d97e_b.jpgAfrican Palm Swift  Cypsiurus parvus by Dave Williams, on Flickr