Steady as you go, B.Y. 2020

Dave Williams

Dave Williams

111 in 50 minutes ...who said a Tortoise can't move fast.

Dave Williams
18 minutes ago, Tdgraves said:

I thought it was a quiet trip wildlife-wise @Dave Williams

The great majority were seen in Bundala and Yala over the space of 3 days, so yes, it was a quiet wildlife trip although I saw as many species as I did out looking everyday for a month in Kruger. Time of year helps makes the difference. 

Turbo Tortoise.

Well done and congrats on the ton up.

Dave Williams
1 hour ago, Galana said:

Turbo Tortoise.

Why didn't I think of that. Still, my thread is now tagged!! I'm sure you guys will soon hurtle past me though.

It was good while it lasted :P, congrats on the century, on the lead, but mostly on the fabulous batch of photos, when I grow up I want to take pictures half as good as yours.

Dave Williams
1 hour ago, elefromoz said:

@Dave Williams, OMG...stunning collection

Thank you. I am resisting the temptation to post any EBC's or even attempt to get them in the first place. It's an attempt to return to the principal of trying to improve rather than score high numbers.

However, some EBC's can be fun!

Dave Williams

That's all from Sri Lanka so from now on it's resident European species or migrants on their summer grounds. 

You still get the odd straggler that lost it's way though.

This juvenile Purple Heron has remained in a small area on @Zim Girl 's home patch for the best part of 10 weeks now. It was catching and devouring voles at the rate of around 4 a day and presumably decimating the population at a critical time for the local Barn Owls that I had gone to photograph.

112)

49502855981_ee2058f494_b.jpgPurple Heron   Ardea purpurea by Dave Williams, on Flickr