2021......a Tortoise in lockdown hibernation?

Dave Williams

your Golden Pond is lovely

Henry Fonda would be proud of you.

Nice shots. Never expected an Osprey to get you out of bed so early (and never expected you to pay good money either so that's OK.)

Angora goats can be moved quite easily. Just grab one and wield the shears.

Dave Williams
15 minutes ago, Galana said:

Henry Fonda would be proud of you.

Nice shots. Never expected an Osprey to get you out of bed so early (and never expected you to pay good money either so that's OK.)

Angora goats can be moved quite easily. Just grab one and wield the shears.

They are Kashmir Fred. Make a lovely jumper! 

The Osprey were secondary , the target was Merlin. My biggest bogey bird of the lot. I have been on that moor dozens of times looking and only seen one once and then failed to get a photo as I couldn't lock the focus as it flew off.

7 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

The Osprey were secondary ,

Ah! For a Merlin I would get out of bed before the Sparras broke wind.

Sorry it did not work.

For Kashmiri Goats try baking some Naan Bread and a fragrant Curry. Welsh Oggy does not work.

More stunning photos, good to see you back in the swing of things and able to move around. Love the fox shot, almost as good a reason for the trip as the cheap booze - that price difference is extraordinary 

Beautiful shot of the Grebe in the golden light!

Peter Connan

Beautiful photos and great progress here Dave!

michael-ibk

Very cool to have a Fox as a regular garden visitor!

Dave Williams

The weather here finally broke and we had some rain last night. I have been trying to photograph as many migrants as possible before they hide behind the leaves which will soon be fully opened with this additional water supply.

So in no particular order my sightings in the last week have included

74)Willow Warbler.

51139130199_3cf23840df_b.jpgWillow Warbler by Dave Williams, on Flickr

75)Gadwall

51142286307_804dcbf124_b.jpgGadwall by Dave Williams, on Flickr

76)Common Whitethroat

51142558903_699e839daa_b.jpgLesser Whitethroat by Dave Williams, on Flickr

77)Common Sandpiper

51143197188_a4e2996a46_b.jpgCommon Sandpiper by Dave Williams, on Flickr

78)Wood Warbler

51142858525_1719b7e7f1_b.jpgWood Warbler by Dave Williams, on Flickr

79)Pied Flycatcher

51142859860_cf26f4410a_b.jpgPied Flycatcher by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Time is running out and I haven't got around to processing all my images yet so there are more possibilities in there I think! No time to check anyone else's progress either. I hope you are all going well too.

Edited by Dave Williams

Dave Williams

Oh, and to add to the confusion I have a plague of Goats and I'm desperate to eliminate the one Rat that has started to frequent all around the outside of the house looking for food since I stopped putting it in the bird feeders. It's one incredibly smart Rat having avoided three types of trap so far and I don't want to use poison for fear of killing my welcome visitors. It has to go before a plague of sibling Rats appear complete with their graduation caps, scrolls and PhD's.

Talking of which, at last captured in camera this morning down at the old garden water trough!

51144796099_f185a4795e_b.jpgFox at the trough by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Edited by Dave Williams

Peter Connan

Beautiful!

The rat is not only avoiding traps put the fox as well. Snake perhaps?

michael-ibk

Also racing along Dave, particularly like the Pied. Pretty sure your Lesser Whitethroat is something Greater. :-)

Dave Williams
1 hour ago, michael-ibk said:

Also racing along Dave, particularly like the Pied. Pretty sure your Lesser Whitethroat is something Greater. :-)

Spot on Michael!

49 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Spot on Michael!

Well I am glad somebody else had this problem. I just thought he was missing a photo for 76b.

Longtails cannot resist smoked Mackeral in a large breakback placed where there is limited line of retreat.

One used to take off with traps attached until I learned to restrict his escape route.

Dave Williams
22 minutes ago, Galana said:

Well I am glad somebody else had this problem. I just thought he was missing a photo for 76b.

Longtails cannot resist smoked Mackeral in a large breakback placed where there is limited line of retreat.

One used to take off with traps attached until I learned to restrict his escape route.

I will soon have my sights set on him soon. My next door neighbour who is a farmer has the perfect solution!

Yup. I did not like to mention that one.

DNice new additions, Dave. Be aware that a certain Hare has already a certain tortoise in its sight :D

Edited by xelas

Beautiful photos again, Dave! Even an adorable little Little Grebe.

Dave Williams

Not a lot from today's foraging . A Cuckoo briefly landed on the electricity cable above and the shot looked awful so I have changed the appearance from over exposed and blown to dark and miserable and suitable for a ceiling mural somewhere in Italy!!

84) Common Cuckoo.

1985455776_CommonCuckoo.jpg.e1a425bb79b0627f44121b4fbb1f167b.jpg

What you describe as "dark and miserable" I see as "atmospheric". Maybe not a ceiling mural in the bedroom but surely a large photo in the living room.