Game Warden

A picture a day.

Antee

This is why I love nature and continues to drawn there.

Everything in order, me, camera, soft light, wild animals, sunset...

Yellowstone NP

post-49909-0-45246600-1447277660_thumb.jpg

Tom Kellie

~ @@Antee

It's a triple crown photo!

Sunrise...Bison...Photographer.

What could be better?

Thank you for posting it!

Tom K.

sundowner

Sadly, I didn't make it to Africa this year. sniff, sniff. :(

But here's a cute cub from last year. :)

_H1H0931_zpsawm1fb38.jpg

Peter Connan

That's stunning Cindy!

sundowner

Thanks, Peter!

Here's a grizzly bear trying to catch salmon. If you look closely you can see the red tops of the salmon swimming right in front of the bear.

That's how close they are and how easy they are to see. Not so easy for the bears to catch, though. :)

_H1H8644_zpsb2zk3mo5.jpg

Tom Kellie

~ @@sundowner

Two great action images from opposite sides of the globe!

The detail on the hapless salmon is remarkable.

Such fine wildlife photography brightens up Safaritalk.

Thank you for posting them!

Tom K.

Antee

Sometimes it more fun to shoot the audience rather than the animals and/or action ongoing...

I wonder what they all are so excited about? As the topic is "A picture a day" we have to wait for answer...

post-49909-0-83061300-1448952116_thumb.jpg

Antee

Fairytales dissolution...they are all pointing at THIS!

South Luangwa, Zambia

post-49909-0-61029800-1449042640_thumb.jpg

Tom Kellie

~ @@Antee

Terrific pairing!

Thanks for posting it over two days.

The leopard image is superb.

Tom K.

Kitsafari

My picture for the day....

Recalling our maiden safari back in July 2013, when we entered Tarangire national park in Tanzania. that was when we fell in love with Africa - with its spacious landscape, its glorious wildlife, its beautiful trees, its awesome sunsets and sunrises, and the feeling of being home..... unedited Panasonic DMZ FZ200.

P1000340.JPG

Tom Kellie

post-49296-0-76551000-1449049424_thumb.png

~ @@Kitsafari

Love those magnificent baobabs and zebra.

An ideal post for your 2000th post and joining the Order of the Pith.

We've all loved your intelligent comments, fine photos, and overall good-humored wisdom.

Please do enjoy India!

Tom K.

Kitsafari

@@Tom Kellie thank you Tom!

theplainswanderer

African Fish Eagle

Chobe River, Botswana

September 2014

Canon 7d and 300 F/2.8 11 & x2 converter

These really are a spectacular species and was a joy to capture a couple of close up images

cheers

David Taylor

post-47774-0-16822200-1449051646_thumb.jpg

Kitsafari

@@theplainswanderer you captured so well the rather quizzical look on my favourite African bird.

TonyQ

@@Kitsafari

Congratulations on your Pith!

I have always enjoyed reading your positive contributions, and have appreciated your interest in a wide range of places.

I think you make a great contribution to Safaritalk - and I look forward to the next 2000 posts!

Kitsafari

@@TonyQ thanks so much for your kind words! I'm looking forward to wishing you the same for your pith.

Big Andy

Taken at Kanga camp in Mana Pools Zimbabwe while sitting at the feet of this bull elephant enjoying a morning drink.

22210715903_b32caf0927_b.jpg

Tom Kellie

~ @@Big Andy

His dentist could ask for no finer view!

Remarkable!

The pupil of the eye is so clearly visible.

You must have been in the closest possible position...without actually being a dental x-ray technician.

Thank you!

Tom K.

Tom Kellie

post-49296-0-09965800-1452857099_thumb.jpg

Hyrax Sporting a Leaf

Photographed at 9:11 am on 2 May, 2015 at Great Rift Valley Overlook, Kenya, using an EOS 1D X camera and an EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II super-telephoto lens.

ISO 6400, 1/800 sec., f/11, 400mm focal length, handheld Manual exposure.

*****************************************************************************************************

At the Great Rift Valley Overlook, there's a stone retaining wall where visitors gather to have their portraits taken with the magnificent scenery as a backdrop.

Were they to peer over the retaining wall and gaze downwards, they's see several small mammal species, including this hyrax, insouciantly sporting a tiny leaf cap.

Tom Kellie

post-49296-0-32787900-1453906872_thumb.jpg

Leopard Hills Suite in Sabi Sands, South Africa

Photographed at 4:23 pm on 18 January, 2016 at Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve, Sabi Sands, South Africa, using an EOS 1D X camera and an EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II super-telephoto lens.

ISO 200, 1/1600 sec., f/2.8, 400mm focal length, handheld Manual exposure.

*****************************************************************************************************

During my 9 day/8 night stay at Leopard Hills, I was assigned to Suite #8, which is isolated from the other seven suites, is adjacent to the dining area, and has the most unobstructed view of the waterhole.

The plunge pool and outdoor shower are on the left. Both bushbuck and nyala grazed below the terrace in the early morning. Vervet monkeys were daily visitors. It was my “home away from home”.

pomkiwi

@@Tom Kellie Looks a good sized room - I tjhink I've lived in smaller apartments :D

Edited by pomkiwi

Tom Kellie

@@Tom Kellie Looks a good sized room - I tjhink I've lived in smaller apartments :D

~ @@pomkiwi

I fully agree.

How nice it would have been to have been able to bring it back home to serve as my new abode!

Tom K.

Kitsafari

@@Tom Kellie stop tempting me! that just makes me want to book that lodge straightaway! but i shall resist... for now....

Tom Kellie

@@Tom Kellie stop tempting me! that just makes me want to book that lodge straightaway! but i shall resist... for now....

~ @@Kitsafari

After two exceptional visits, I'm certain that it's a lodge which regularly offers superb wildlife sightings on all game drives, not to mention the outstanding accommodations, amenities and cuisine.

I know why @@Tdgraves enjoyed Leopard Hills. It's not at all commercialized or ‘canned’ but rather is as natural and unplanned as anything I've experienced in Meru or Samburu in Kenya.

Should your resistance weaken...GO FOR IT!

Tom K.

Morkel Erasmus

~ @@Kitsafari

After two exceptional visits, I'm certain that it's a lodge which regularly offers superb wildlife sightings on all game drives, not to mention the outstanding accommodations, amenities and cuisine.

I know why @@Tdgraves enjoyed Leopard Hills. It's not at all commercialized or ‘canned’ but rather is as natural and unplanned as anything I've experienced in Meru or Samburu in Kenya.

Should your resistance weaken...GO FOR IT!

Tom K.

@@Tom Kellie I can only agree with that, one of my favourite lodges in all of South Africa!