Thank you for reading through this quite long trip report. I hope it gives you some extra ideas ;).

Thank you Alex for a wonderful trip report. I have enjoyed every word!

Thank You, Peter, for taking your time to read it all. Next trip report, you will be part of it :);)

What a great report!  I enjoyed all of it especially the locations in Costa Rica that we haven't been to yet.  It's just so hard to go there and NOT spend the whole time at Bosque del Cabo :).

Anyway, thanks for such a thorough report with awesome photos.

Alan

Thanks Alan! I hope you have found some ideas for your next visit.

Always thankful to you for directing me towards CR a few years back and I sincerely hope this report will also motivate like minded travellers to explore this amazing country with one of the friendliest locals I've ever encountered. Of course the wildlife is a big draw but the diverse geology, changing terrains and landscapes were equally big draws for me. Within couple of hours you are transported from the sweltering heat to Alpine environment. I totally absolutely and wholeheartedly agree with your assessment of "Andy" Andres Alvarado. As you know after meeting my wife she is a demanding opinionated person but even she was bowled over by his charm. We have had many guides in our travels and he is probably the best. 

I'm not sure if it is really worth that bone-jarring twenty five km drive to Cano Negro in the wet season when bird population isn't that great and rain is practically guaranteed. 

Lonely planet mentions of lucky photographers capturing a Tapir swimming across the Rio Celeste. Till now I thought that was an exaggeration but after reading your report now I feel that is very much possible. I regret missing out on Casitas Tenorio.  

So, when are you returning to the land of Ticos ?  :P

Oh my goodness....I am neither a true birder (though I do love looking for and at them) nor will I probably ever do a self drive anywhere, but darn, this was a tremendous, fabulous, incredible (not enough words out there) TR. Seriously, between the 4 of you, I was riveted. Thank you all sooooo much for this. I'm sure these TR's are not easy. Really, thank you.

Edited by lmonmm

8 hours ago, Chakra said:

As you know after meeting my wife she is a demanding opinionated person but even she was bowled over by his charm.

Chak, I know your wife and she is a charming, friendly and warm person :wub:! One that will tolerate if not accept even a persona like me. But yes, Andy's charm is hard to resist. He charmed me, after all :ph34r:.

8 hours ago, Chakra said:

So, when are you returning to the land of Ticos ?  :P

If I could find anyone interested with the need for a driver and a guide, anytime from 2020 onward. With Zvezda, it will be between December and April, I just don't know which year :unsure:.

Edited by xelas

7 hours ago, lmonmm said:

I am neither a true birder (though I do love looking for and at them)

So you are just like us! Take photo first ask book later type of birders ^_^

7 hours ago, lmonmm said:

nor will I probably ever do a self drive anywhere, b

Not needed, plenty of really good private drivers in Costa Rica. Michael and Andreas did not wanted to do self-driving and they have enjoyed the visit to this beautiful country also from the back seat of the car.

Thank you for a wonderful report with lots of helpful practical details. Your enthusiasm shines through.

Superb photos and great writing 

Thanks for reading through it, also this needs a lot of enthusiasm, @TonyQ I learn from the best, on this forum :) !

Edited by xelas

Dave Williams

Right to the end, brilliant! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and knowledge of CR Alex.

The pleasure is all ours, @Dave Williams! Costa Rica deserves to be presented to this audience. Only problem now is, as I have finished both the TR and the BY, how to fill my time :unsure:?

Dave Williams

Watching Liverpool beat Napoli on Tuesday would be a good start!!!

12 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Watching Liverpool beat Napoli on Tuesday would be a good start!!!

No doubts about this one :D! See you at Anfield, my friend. BTW congratulations on temporary pole position. If only ....

Dave Williams

I rather fancy a revenge match against Real Madrid and Ramos !!

5 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

I rather fancy a revenge match against Real Madrid and Ramos !!

At Anfield ... the decibels will go off the charts!

Dave Williams

Maybe I'd prefer someone else first, it's not our turn for tickets for the next game! The atmosphere was good last night but not as loud as it can be. I think Liverpool were too much in control for so much of the game.

As you can probably tell from the trickle of likes that came from me, I was slowly catching up on this report and have finally reached the end.  What a great resource to have if/when we get around to going to Costa Rica, and despite some weather challenges it seemed you had a great trip. Thanks for sharing @xelas and @michael-ibk.

The pleasure is always mine (ours), @Zubbie15, yet it feels good to have a reader, and such warm comment! Thank You.

• 1 month later...

xelas,

Yes, you had a lot of rain, but a great trip nevertheless. I will not ask about your favorite moments, and you should not ask what my favorite photos. Great job, both of you!

P.S. We'll be in CR in 2 weeks :)

18 hours ago, xyz99 said:

P.S. We'll be in CR in 2 weeks :)

You will enjoy it!

I had left off with this trip report before the Osa Peninsula portion started and was so busy with my own trip report with Jo and other things that I am just now getting back to it, and starting at Bosque del Cabo! Bringing back happy memories of my own trip to the Osa Peninsula, where we did sleep on a platform at Corcovado (interesting to hear @Chakra say sleeping situations are a bit improved at La Sirena now? I was there in 2014). I was delighted to see that you all stayed in Casa Blanca as that is the very villa we stayed in as well - one room for our girls and one room for me and Mr. Safarichick! And I notice in my trip report a comment from @michael-ibk (post 59 on page 3) saying my report was making him think more of going to CR - so I take credit! And now, back to reading your report!

Edited by SafariChick

@SafariChick

Does your OH  really approve being called "Mr. Safarichick"?B)

Edited by michael-ibk