Alex & Zvezda's Big Year 2021: Version 6.0 Limited Edition

xelas

Nuthatch is another long-time visitor. It only stays for a few moments, grabbing a sunflower seed then flying back to the big spruce trees where it has its residency. 

BY 011 / SI 011

Nuthatch (Eurasian) - Sitta europaea

011-Brglez.JPG.9ba0ccfb03f645280d1342c619897611.JPG

Ljubljansko Barje, 28-Jan-2021

Goldfinch is one of the more colourful birds "in the hood". First sighting only, but it will show up more often during the spring.

BY 012 / SI 012

Goldfinch (European) - Carduelis carduelis

1971447904_012-Liscek.JPG.38aa51dcf51e58f155e0a5fb8342d746.JPG

Ljubljansko Barje, 29-Jan-2021

So, that is a collection of garden birds that can be spotted through the "rear window" - regular visitors of the feeder area. There might be an odd surprise, but for more I will have to move my "birding operation" outside of the house. Hopefully the weather will improve, at least to the point to allow me staying on the balcony without the fear of getting the frozen bites :lol:

To be continued (in about 28 days). Have fun birding!

That's a pretty good collection from through the back window, and gorgeous photos of course.  I hope the weather fines up for you and we can see what is outside the window.

Well if these were the crumbs I would love to see the whole loaf. Nice start.

1 hour ago, shazdwn said:

That's a pretty good collection from through the back window, and gorgeous photos of course.  I hope the weather fines up for you and we can see what is outside the window.

Weather forecast says temps will go up in February :).

1 hour ago, Galana said:

Well if these were the crumbs I would love to see the whole loaf. Nice start.

Not before the end of the year ^_^.

3 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Think I'll take part in the RSPB's "Big Garden Birdwatch"

I did take part today. We are suppose to count for half an hour and this got me the amazing total of 3 House Sparrows and a Magpie :D

That is quite a collection from your garden, @xelasand very good photos, too! I do hope the weather and regulations will allow you to go out and find some more.

45 minutes ago, TonyQ said:

An excellent start with your balcony birds!

No, Tony, these are Rear Window birds :D. Balcony birds came when temperatures will be more humane.

An excellent start through the window Alex!

3 hours ago, Peter Connan said:

An excellent start through the window Alex!

Thank you, Peter! 

Good to see you have been allowed to play with the camera Alex. :P

A flying start

Very nice collection of birds to start you off Alex, lovely Nuthatch!

9 hours ago, Soukous said:

Good to see you have been allowed to play with the camera Alex. :P

A flying start

Zvezda is (luckily) fully engaged in the office :P.

5 hours ago, Zim Girl said:

Very nice collection of birds to start you off Alex, lovely Nuthatch!

Thanks! 

Seeing that you are currently the chief camera operator, are you also the official  window cleaner?

1 hour ago, Kalaharikind said:

Seeing that you are currently the chief camera operator, are you also the official  window cleaner?

Indeed I am, but based on most recent poll result, I did not performed all that well :rolleyes:. My other job is aquathermal treating of metal and plastic objects in controlled environment B).

10 hours ago, xelas said:

My other job is aquathermal treating of metal and plastic objects in controlled environment B).

Received the exact same memo in my inbox this morning... :(

I am pleased @Kalaharikindraised this again as it is only on re-appraisal that I realise  his problem and can sympathise. They must not publish "The Lady" in Ljubliana.

3 hours ago, Galana said:

They must not publish "The Lady" in Ljubliana.

Had to google that. My eyes will hurt for a while yet...

@xelas what a lovely collection of common but very cute garden birds, I'd be happy with those. Good to see the Nuthatch "upright", I think every photo Ive seen, and the ones Ive seen in person, he's been "upside-down" 

11 hours ago, elefromoz said:

@xelas what a lovely collection of common but very cute garden birds, I'd be happy with those. Good to see the Nuthatch "upright", I think every photo Ive seen, and the ones Ive seen in person, he's been "upside-down" 

It is hard to be "upside-down" while walking on the ground :D. And yes, whenever I spot it on the tree trunk it is walking down, not up.

@xelas awesome shots. I want your garden. in fact, i want everyone else's garden because i see my garden birds 12 hours a day, 30-31 days a month (well 28 for Feb) and 12 months a year. so i want to see other garden birds. 

:unsure:

5 minutes ago, Kitsafari said:

I want your garden. in fact, i want everyone else's garden because i see my garden birds 12 hours a day, 30-31 days a month (well 28 for Feb) and 12 months a year. so i want to see other garden birds. 

I think we are all in agreement with that sentiment Kit

7 hours ago, Kitsafari said:

@xelas awesome shots. I want your garden.

What about "house swap" once borders will open ;)?!

17 hours ago, xelas said:

What about "house swap" once borders will open ;)?!

I had similat thoughts. Especially as it is going to be a challenge to find place to stay in the coming months, once we all start moving again