Alex & Zvezda's Big Year 2021: Version 6.0 Limited Edition

xelas

Same location but much more common bird. 

BY 034 / SI 034

Starling (Common) - Sturnus vulgaris

981233962_034-SkorecA.JPG.343d121ef645b91ba0909fece50f4721.JPG

Ljubljansko Barje, 15-Apr-2021

Lovely set of Collared Flycatchers. Good to see you are keeping busy.

The third Spotted Flycatcher photo is really beautiful, well done

hurrah the dynamic duo are back working in symphonic tandem!

what a gorgeous looking collared flycatcher that it is. beautiful photos of it. 

13 hours ago, TonyQ said:

The third Spotted Flycatcher photo is really beautiful, well done

You have spotted the difference between the casual and the expert photographer :). But you have missed the difference between Collared and Spotted Flycatcher :D.

1 hour ago, Kitsafari said:

hurrah the dynamic duo are back working in symphonic tandem!

Once upon the time, there was a Dynamic Duo active on TA forum(s). @Galanasurely remembers that couple. They were not among the most friendly duos on the forum. I would go with a Symphonic Tandem ... although, with my musical anti-talent (which is worse than no talent), that would be a stretch of a title :rolleyes:.

30 minutes ago, xelas said:

I would go with a Symphonic Tandem ... although,

I don't know. You look to be coping fine here.

1512644-moss-photography-west-my-friend-3.jpg.191b1221f33469abad1cdd52bd3e0afe.jpg

Super shots of the Kestrel and the Collared Flycatcher. I've never seen one.

2 hours ago, Soukous said:

Super shots of the Kestrel and the Collared Flycatcher. I've never seen one.

Thanks, martin. If interested in Collared Flycatcher, it is still hanging around today :).

58 minutes ago, xelas said:

Thanks, martin. If interested in Collared Flycatcher, it is still hanging around today :).

I'm on my way 

12 minutes ago, Soukous said:

I'm on my way 

In your dreams.

20 minutes ago, Galana said:

In your dreams.

there is nothing wrong with dreams - I spend some of my happiest times in dreams

As our (ex) president Milan Kučan so eloquently said almost 30 years ago: "Danes so dovoljene sanje. Jutri je nov dan." 

It was a good day today. SMS told me I will be vaccinated in Sunday, 1st shot. Moderna is what I will get; I have somehow hoped to get Pfizer Blue :P, but still better then AZ (seen too many funny videos).

And there were also new birds to bag during our daily walks (3,4 km = 6400 steps according to Zvezda's app).

BY 035 / SI 035

White Wagtail - Motacilla alba

1746452065_034-BelapastiricaA.JPG.189dc62feb0de540c1d6232a706cf842.JPG

Ljubljansko Barje, 16-Apr-2021

BY 036 / SI 036

Grey Heron - Ardea cinerea

268477164_036-SivacapljaB.JPG.108f471890818856a68c2e4c1c0563b9.JPG

359283922_036-SivacapljaAA.JPG.072d61c4b81c11cc854621d48d483980.JPG

If Chiffchaff is silent, how do you know is not a Willow Warbler?! Or else, who is below? ... Helped by @Galana and @michael-ibk:

BY 037 / SI 037

Western Bonelli's Warbler - Phylloscopidae bonelli

D72_3568A.JPG.6bede79c3dcbf7e07fc804efd2a4b45d.JPG

D72_3578A.JPG.4d5ee5872a6d20ee667fe0d5ec56f5f8.JPG

Edited by xelas

19 minutes ago, xelas said:

how do you know is not a Willow Warbler?! Or else, who is below? 

Well the Supercilium would tend to be more distinct for WW but without encouraging you to go off on a flight of fancy there are signs to suggest that it is a Bonelli's Warbler.

Some lovely shots there, good to see the surgeon did his job and you've recovered well

A lot of excellent shots by Zvezda and yourself, Alex! The Kestrel and the Collared Flycatcher are among my favourites

michael-ibk

Great Montagu sequence, well done! And I love the Collared Flycatcher - I have never seen one, a bird high on my list. Missed one yesterday, others saw it a few hundred metres from where we were.

I´m not 100 % sure but if I had to choose I´d also say W. Bonelli´s Warbler. I have never seen a Chiffchaff with such a white belly, and nothing really suggests Willow to me. I´m not quite happy with the amount of yellow on the mantle and in the supercilium though. Do you have more pictures, of the back especially?

2 hours ago, michael-ibk said:

Do you have more pictures, of the back especially?

Not. But it did looked much greener then a Chiffchaff which was also there. So I will go with Western Bonelli's Warbler ID. Thank You both, Fred and Michael -_-!

3 hours ago, xelas said:

Thank You both, Fred and Michael -_-!

No problem. My stock of Lasko is exhausted.:P

8 hours ago, Galana said:

My stock of Lasko is exhausted.:P

Does bringing a pack of Laško to IOM categorize under "essential" or under "business" trip :lol:?

2 hours ago, xelas said:

Does bringing a pack of Laško to IOM categorize under "essential" or under "business" trip :lol:?

It does in Suffolk

4 hours ago, xelas said:

Definitely essential in my book so you could come as an Essential Worker under special rules. Or hire a Jetski.