Reach for the skies!!! My tern to fly high!

Dave Williams

4 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

That indicates Purple Heron.....anyone else?

Count my late vote for Goliath too. More bad news may be on the way. I have a feeling that your Little Egret may be a white morph of Western Reef Egret. Legs are Olive with no distinct yellow feet.:(

9 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

and my footy team lose too!

But the match was entertaining!

gosh, in less than a week, your count has just surged and just 8-9 birds away from half a century! some spectacular shots there especially the gonolek. 

Dave Williams
11 hours ago, Galana said:

Count my late vote for Goliath too. More bad news may be on the way. I have a feeling that your Little Egret may be a white morph of Western Reef Egret. Legs are Olive with no distinct yellow feet.:(

You could well be correct. I can hopefully find a Little Egret locally, they are almost abundant nowadays. I'm amazed I haven't got one on file!

Desperate few days ahead and if you saw, actually you can see, it's absolutely horrible out there. Grey, misty, damp, cold.....but the hunt must continue.

Update:- it's lashing down now , rain stopped play for today.

Edited by Dave Williams

Tantalizingly close now!

Good hunting.

58 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

actually you can see, it's absolutely horrible out there.

Not too bad here. Viz good, can see English Lakes and Galloway (and a maze of bloody Turbines in England)

Force 4 win but dry. No frost.

The hunt will continue over Christmas. There is a Manx festival on 26th that is called "Hunt the Wren". Never known what that is about but I sure as heck will be hunting something. Redpolls maybe. No sign of Waxwings for a couple of years.

Sorry about your Little Egret. There is one on the river outside if you need it.

Dave Williams

Well that was meant to be No 500 but it is all I have...for now!

I have 7 days in theory but not in practice.

The weather looks to be not the best but it could be worse.

I have a few possibilities left....including the Owl Sanctuary! Just how low can I sink?

Watch this space.

390236694_Screenshot2022-12-23at13.13copy.jpg.ef7ed8592ac819234b0db84587d9320d.jpg

31 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

The weather looks to be not the best but it could be worse.

I have a few possibilities left....including the Owl Sanctuary! Just how low can I sink?

You may be pleased to learn that my bullish weather report of three hours ago is now toast. Thank you for sending it over. I would have hated to have missed it. (not). Why can they not hold Christmas in the summer when the weather is often better?

On your last comment above, the Jury is out.

Dave Williams
19 minutes ago, Galana said:

You may be pleased to learn that my bullish weather report of three hours ago is now toast. Thank you for sending it over. I would have hated to have missed it. (not). Why can they not hold Christmas in the summer when the weather is often better?

On your last comment above, the Jury is out.

I haven't sunk to Feral Pigeon yet, and I wouldn't be setting a precedent if I did would I ?!   ( no names, you ALL know who you are!  :D). 

I think a Feral Pigeon would be an excellent choice for number 500;)

Dave Williams
3 minutes ago, TonyQ said:

I think a Feral Pigeon would be an excellent choice for number 500;)

I thought you might be in favour Tony!!

Well in my opinion greater painted snipe is worth at least 5 points...

Another vote for the feral pigeon here!

oh thank you for the reminder! we haven't counted that yet in the SG list this year. i'm sure it'll come in handy, if we can get a shot of one between now and 31st.