PeterHG's Big Year-4th time

PeterHG

@PeterHG, the sun must be nicer in February, those colours are so vibrant!

Dave Williams

Stunning photography and when you say it's 800gms less than the 7D2 plus 100-400 it makes me realise just what the weight benefit is as I sometimes opt to carry the latter ( well a 5D instead of a 7D) as it's a fraction of the weight of my 1DX2 plus 600mm f4! 

michael-ibk

Great shots Peter, your new camera is really performing superbly!

Great shots and nice additions to your year. Good to hear the camera is doing a great job.

Thanks @xelas, @michael-ibk, @Dave Williams , @Galana. As happy as I am with how the camera and the lens performed, it is only fair to say that conditions here for a number of the shots were pretty ideal: feeders and branches a few metres away, a clear view, enough light and willing models. Still, I'm not complaining...;)

79 (CR 38) Palm Tanager. Boca Tapada, February. Another bird that was seen at most locations. Only noticed the fly when I downloaded the photo onto the computer.

spacer.png

Edited by PeterHG

80 (CR 39). Great Kiskadee. Boca Tapada, February. There are quite a few yellow and black flycatchers in Costa Rica. This must be the most common one.

spacer.png

81 (CR 40). Social Flycatcher. Boca Tapada, February. Smaller that the Kiskadee and also the bill is not as heavy.

spacer.png

82 (CR 41). Red-legged Honeycreeper. Boca Tapada, February. A tiny bird, but those colours are incredible. This is the male

spacer.png

83 (CR 42). Scaly-breasted Hummingbird. Boca Tapada, February. A fairly dull hummingbird, compared to some others, but then, one easily gets spoiled over there...;)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Love the legs and attitude on that Red-legged Honeycreeper.

85. (CR 43). Northern Barred Woodcreeper. Boca Tapada, February. 

spacer.png

85 (CR 44). Lineated Woodpecker. Boca Tapada, February. Unlike the Black-cheeked and the Chestnut coloured cousins, the Lineated Woodpecker never came close to the feeders and was rather more shy.

spacer.png

Edited by PeterHG

86 (CR 45) White-collared Manakin. Boca Tapada, February. A short walk outside the lodge's grounds produced this little beauty. A lifer for me.

spacer.png

87 (CR 46) Black-cowled Oriole. Boca Tapada, February

spacer.png

88 (CR 47). Black Vulture. Boca Tapada, February. I was amazed again at how common and widespread both Black and Turkey Vultures are in CR.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Five stars for the White-collared Manikin.

Dave Williams

Five stars for all of them! Brilliant photography, makes me want to go there even more!

You continue to provide us with wonderful additions - the Manakin is lovely

89 (CR48). Tricolored Heron, Cano Negro, February. Moved on to Cano Negro, for a boat tour and some walks around the local lagoon

spacer.png

90 (CR49) Roseate Spoonbill. Cano Negro, February

spacer.png

And, later on another in Palo Verde

spacer.png

91 (CR50). Black-necked Stilt. Cano Negro, February. 

spacer.png

92 (CR 51). Turkey Vulture. Cano Negro, February

spacer.png

93 (CR 52) Solitary Sandpiper. Cano Negro, February. 

spacer.png