Peter's third attempt

PeterHG

Some lovely additions here. 400 is not far off.

In my book if it is a Kite with a Yellow bill then it is a Yellow-billed Kite. Simples!

376 (G51). Yellow-billed Oxpecker. Kartong, Gambia, Novemberi-wtZ3Wmb-XL.jpg

377 (G52). Western Banded Snake-eagle. Kartong, Gambia , November. Our guide was quite thrilled to find this one and , I must say, so were we!

i-tLwCNLL-L.jpg

i-6RxLLqd-L.jpg

378 (G53). Wahlberg's Eagle. Kartong, Gambia, November. Yet another raptor form our Kartong trip. I knew it from South Africa, but I hadn't realized it can also be found in the Gambia.

i-Z9tKv4w-M.jpg

379 (G54). African (Purple) Swamphen. Kartong, Gambia, November.

i-vVxhxnm-M.jpg

380 (G55) Whistling Cisticola. Kartong, Gambia, November. Totally dependent on the guide to id this cisticola, mainly by its song

i-qTL2JVc-L.jpg

381 (G56). Northern Black Flycatcher. Brufut, Gambia, November. Not a true EBC, but I'm getting there.

i-N72XbpT-L.jpg

382 (G57). Caspian Tern. Tanji, Gambia, November

i-HwLsdsp-L.jpg

383 (G58). African Mourning Dove. Kotu, Gambia, November

i-C5Zf76F-X2.jpg

384 (G59). Greater Honeyguide. Farasutu, Gambia, November. Taken in the deep shade of the bird 'hide' in the Farasutu forest.

i-HTjHggC-XL.jpg

385 (G60). Red-bellied Paradise Flycatcher. Abuko, Gambia, November. What beautiful birds they are. I had to crank up the iso to 6400 to get a picture, though.

i-mC3VKCF-L.jpg

386 (G61) Long-tailed Nightjar. Brufut, Gambia, November.The local Brufut guide showed us the spot where the Nightjar could be seen. We would never have spotted it otherwise, obviously.

i-8Hd3JfC-XL.jpg

387 (G62) Village Indigo Bird. Brufut, Gambia, November.

i-RCzfVLs-L.jpg

388 (G63) Giant Kingfisher. Kotu Bridge, Gambia, November. We saw it several times, but only once close enough for a shot.

i-8vf7644-L.jpg

389 (G64) White-faced Scops Owl. Brufut, Gambia, November. Again with the local guide. Although we eventually managed to see it, the owl ,well a little part of the owl anyway, there was no way to take a decent shot, so this will have to do. A lifer, all the same.

i-QWdJCWj-L.jpg 

390 (G65) Lavender Waxbill. Brufut, Gambia, November.

i-5WkXmxv-L.jpg

Great additions Peter, and you are getting very close to 400!

Wonderful to see a Scops. They are so well camouflaged one almost never sees them!

I sense 400 very soon.

The Northern WF Scops shows how far you have come along the road to EBC quality.:huh:

Dave Williams
5 hours ago, Galana said:

I sense 400 very soon.

The Northern WF Scops shows how far you have come along the road to EBC quality.:huh:

Can't agree with you @Galana that's amateur quality as far as EBC's go. 

46 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Can't agree with you @Galana that's amateur quality as far as EBC's go.

Hey Dave,

Whilst he has some way still to go a Master should always take pains to encourage his pupil.:D

391 (G66) Violet Turaco. Brufut, Gambia, November. A bird we very much wanted to see. We'd seen a flash before, but only on the last day did we get a proper look at one.

i-hqV26zF-L.jpg

392 (G67). Black Heron. Rice fields near Abuko, Gambia, November. Only seen once.

i-wvpMGNz-XL.jpg

393 (G68). Striated Heron. Rice fields near Abuko, Gambia, November

i-DWn6cK3-XL.jpg

394 (G69) Green Wood-hoopoe. Rice Fields near Abuko.

i-kT7fB6L-XL.jpg