Reach for the skies!!! My tern to fly high!

Dave Williams

Dave Williams

As there is one nesting in the garden it would be silly not to take advantage of knowing where I can find it!

223) Wren

52224474063_0559b3e995_b.jpgWren.  BY223 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Dave Williams

Another all action movie from my production company:rolleyes:

Beautiful and well done!

A few more of such excellent videos and you will have to change the name!

Great little video. Good to see both chicks got a fish.

Peter Connan

Magnificent stuff!

michael-ibk

Gorgeous seabirds Dave! 

• 1 month later...

Stunning photos from May, shame about the avian flu 🥺

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly the remaining bird of four that had broken their journey southwards on the Great Orme headland.After a week of lethargy I finally found the motivation to go and add it to my BY list.

224)Dotterel

52371249988_5efd169f3a_b.jpgDotterel.   BY224 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Edited by Dave Williams

Well, I'm glad you found the motivation to go out, for it's a beautiful shot of the Dotterel!

8 minutes ago, Galana said:

Me too. I think I would have rowed over to find that.

You could have swum over Fred, been there that long!

Wonderful photo of the Dotterel, really beautiful and worth casting aside the lethargy!

14 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

You could have swum over Fred, been there that long!

I was going to, but the moths had been at my cozzy and I dread to think what Heddlu Gogledd Cymru would have made of somebody my age clambering the Orme in Speedo's carrying a Camera.

It was worth getting out for that shot - beautiful

well not very often do i get to see a dotterel, let alone a stunning shot like yours, even in photos, so thank you for casting aside your lethargy. 

I have completed the painful operation of sorting all my South African shots by species..a slow process indeed as we have been home for over 4 weeks now. I have been distracted by sorting out the aftermath of the break-in we experienced whilst on holiday and still waiting for the delivery of a new iMac. Processing on my old MacBook is a slow affair !

So, to kick off my largely Alphabetic list until I realise it's the wrong species here's no 225)African Cuckoo Hawk seen in St Lucia and the first of many "lifers".

52392818839_6852811cdc_b.jpgAfrican Cuckoo Hawk     BY 225 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Edited by Dave Williams

Sorry to hear of the break in. Really puts the damper on things.:angry:

Great photos to start and I'm similarly sorry to hear about the break-in! :( :angry:

@Galana@lmSA84Thanks for the sympathy vote. I have been busy changing the house in to Fort Knox with a new security system which although not burglar proof ( nothing is really) it means we will catch them on the job and have video to prove it! As well as the damper on our holiday there was a lot to clear up on our return as well as filling in insurance stuff etc etc. They have at least charged the offenders, one is back in jail already as he was out on licence . It's a TR in itself sharing our experience but the one word of warning to all who read this is DO NOT leave all you keys in one convenient place near the door.

They stole all ours including both for a brand new Toyota Yaris. The car was easily located and recovered using my phone app but without the keys it couldn't be opened never mind driven. Unbelievably one of the keys was found by someone walking their dog on the beach. It had been under water but still works. That means they can clone two new keys without having to replace the computer in the car which was going to cost £3200. However 7 weeks later it's only recently got to the dealers who are  waiting for the necessary parts.  

It took a locksmith 2 hours to remove the Hitchcock from our caravan although the wheel clamp was off in a minute.. I won't be buying another of those and it was expensive when I bought it many years ago.

The garage was more straightforward though!

That must have been terrible Dave, I hope everything goes back to normal ASAP.

Having a break-In during your absence is bad enough, but the aftermath sounds even worse. I do hope things will be settled soon and you can leave this episode behind you.