A picture a day.

Game Warden

africapurohit

Keeping with today's theme - Ruaha, Tanzania, 2011

post-14527-0-52462600-1366042013_thumb.jpg

CapitanBurton

@@CapitanBurton Have you tried converting that to a grainy B&W image?

No I didn't try, but I Will.. I will post the result ..... if I get it!

CapitanBurton

@@CapitanBurton

Awsome buffalo photo!

Thanks @@ZaminOz.

We were not very lucky in sightseeings in Busanga, At least a herd of some hundreds of buffaloes in the move, the effect of the picture is the atmosphere plenty of burnt particles above the buffaloes,

CapitanBurton

More giraffes...... Selous Game Reserve. Sept 2012

post-20776-0-73523700-1366045741_thumb.jpg

A Tsavo thorn-horse at sunset.

8480063474_973b92872e_o.jpg

Masai Giraffe in low afternoon sun at Tsavo East, Kenya; July 2012.

africapurohit

Flying impala - Ruaha, Tanzania (2008). This girl was being chased by a male and was adamant on getting away.

post-14527-0-00984100-1366095927_thumb.jpg

Edited by africapurohit

gallery_6003_828_477558.jpg

Mara River, Serengeti National Park, Tanzania - September '10

africapurohit

Hundreds of buffaloes forming a protective ring - Duba Plains, Botswana (2006)

post-14527-0-05498200-1366154534_thumb.jpg

@@CapitanBurton Have you tried converting that to a grainy B&W image?

No I didn't try, but I Will.. I will post the result ..... if I get it!

I love that steely grey on smoky grey. Wonderful image!

Game Warden

Yoda? @Anita

Safaritalk read you will.

africapurohit

Ruaha, Tanzania (2008)

post-14527-0-88714400-1366229511_thumb.jpg

madaboutcheetah

Hyena? Was this Lagoon or Lebala?

@@madaboutcheetah

Hi Hari, this was at Lebala. There was a clan of hyena feeding on a dead hippo fairly close to the Selinda border. This one began approaching very slowly toward Julius the tracker (whom I am sure you know) and began to sniff Julius' boot. He muzzle was inches from Julius' left boot. Julius, the consummate professional, did not move a muscle, and the hyena, curiosity satisfied, walked away.

Great Rift Commuters

8645268701_3852682ddb_o.jpg

Lesser Flamingo, Lake Bogoria, Kenya; July 2011

madaboutcheetah

@@madaboutcheetah

Hi Hari, this was at Lebala. There was a clan of hyena feeding on a dead hippo fairly close to the Selinda border. This one began approaching very slowly toward Julius the tracker (whom I am sure you know) and began to sniff Julius' boot. He muzzle was inches from Julius' left boot. Julius, the consummate professional, did not move a muscle, and the hyena, curiosity satisfied, walked away.

Lovely image ....... Haha. I haven't seen him in a couple of years - my trip has over-lapped with his leave schedule. He did track for us once, I think 2005.

owenshaffer

Dear Hari,

I don't know which I love more your posts or your photos. Do you have any other favorite places for going on safari other than Botswana? Do you have any other camps that you love in Botswana other than the Kwando camps?

madaboutcheetah

Dear Hari,

I don't know which I love more your posts or your photos. Do you have any other favorite places for going on safari other than Botswana? Do you have any other camps that you love in Botswana other than the Kwando camps?

@@owenshaffer Thanks for your note - Love Mara Plains in Kenya.

Right now, I'm so happy with my experiences at Kwando (Lebala being my favourite) - that I'm apprehensive to go elsewhere although I wish to try the Chitabe concession to experience it for all the great viewing that it is known for. Have been to a few of the Wilderness camps and the Selinda camps (including old Zibalianja) - not since, 2007 though.......

I was recently in Ndutu in Tanzania, but, the experience was not a patch on either Mara Plains or Kwando in any possible aspect. Camp, Car or guide.....

africapurohit

"Little and Large" - Ruaha, Tanzania (2008)

post-14527-0-51742400-1366403449_thumb.jpg

gallery_6771_570_202622.jpg

Exactly ten years ago somewhere in The Mara ( 20 April 2003 ) . It was our first ever safari and , fortunately , later came 8 more !!!

Rainy season ( you can see the drops ) very long grass , but very few other tourist and great first safari experience .

Original frame , jpg , 200 iso , f/ 6.3 1/60 shutter speed at 500 mm and no image stabilizer then , just bean bag and everybody frozen in the vehicle !! Lucky it came out sharp, i have it big on the wall of my house .

Paco

Edited by africawild

africapurohit

"Attitude" One of the Skimmer Pride males - Duba Plains, Botswana (2006)

post-14527-0-17979000-1366499456_thumb.jpg

The colour of passion?

Incandescent fiery red-orange tempered by a cold steely blue ..........does a lady Agama prefer a hot-head or a Cool dude?

8448026159_be58bcc14b_o.jpg

Common Agama (Agama agama); Tsavo West, Kenya; July 2012.

If in doubt give her both!

8449086346_f53497d413_o.jpg

Common Agama (Agama agama); Tsavo West, Kenya; July 2012.