Birds In Flight... Upload your photos.

Game Warden

Soukous

I was also very fortunate to catch sight of a Barn Owl hunting over the reedbeds of a nearby creek.

Barn Owl

Barn Owl

Barn Owl

the light changes a bit a the bird moves across in front of the afternoon sun and it gets further away

Barn Owl

Barn Owl

Barn Owl

Barn Owl

Barn Owl

Barn Owl

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soukous

• Peter Connan

• offshorebirder

• Dave Williams

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another one. Two golden eagles arguing over eating-rights. Beautiful birds, cold an snowy, perfect eagle-conditions! Also taken in the steep hills of Dalen in Telemark, Norway. D4s+tammy 150-600.  

Northern Carmine Bee-eaters taking advantage of savanna fire. Mago national park, Ethiopia, Feb 2015  

Yesterday I went to visit one of my favorite spectacles in the animal world. Each morning during late July and early August, dozens to hundreds of Swallow-tailed Kites assemble over hayfields near th

Posted Images

michael-ibk

What a lucky sighting - great pictures!

Soukous
21 hours ago, michael-ibk said:

What a lucky sighting - great pictures!

Yes, pure luck, but not complaining. B)

PeterHG

A very beautiful set of the Barn Owl. Great sighting and you certainly made good use of it!

• 2 weeks later...
pomkiwi

During our latest lockdown I am volunteering at a local nature reserve to top up the bird feeders. As a result I am spending some time watching and photographing the visitors. The finches are always good to watch as they are a grumpy lot who continually fight over access but a few minutes later co-exist happily. These are greenfinches but the goldfinches are just as bad.

MFH_1770.jpg.6bdde0f6cfd2e87f6aca1a5d9abda85c.jpg

Nikon D500, PF500/5.6, 1/1600 sec, ISO 5600

Soukous

What a lovely way to spend your time

pomkiwi

@TonyQThank-you - lots of deleted images to get this one!

@SoukousIt is a good way to spend some time and definitely a help in pushing all the current preoccupations away!