Reach for the skies!!! My tern to fly high!

Dave Williams

Dave Williams

The national bird of Cyprus wraps up my numbers from the recent trip. I have a few more I could use but hopefully will get better ones in due course. I saw the same number of new species for my BY as the 2 week trip to Cuba but in half the time. Four lifers too which surprised me, and the score was a lot higher than I'd imagined. Next stop will be Spain next weekend so there will be some distance to go to make it a higher score which I very much doubt will happen.

143)Cyprus Warbler

52010546461_ec42d08600_b.jpgCyprus Warbler.   BY143 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

5 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Would have served him right if he choked!

I would not have wasted a bird on him. A pillow would have been better.:ph34r:

Great Cyprus shots and I am looking forward to the Spain ones

A wonderful collection from Cyprus Dave

Dave Williams

I Had to add another from Cyprus as I missed out No115. I like the flowers so chose this one!

115)Linnet

52013150009_575a893aee_b.jpgLinnet.   BY115 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Almost a Monet with those flowers.

Enjoy Spain.

wow all the warblers look extremely attractive, far more than the grey brownish ones we have here. 

enjoy Spain. 

Dave Williams

A pair have been calling for a good few weeks but hard to pinpoint where they are. Today , much to my surprise there was one in the garden in plain view for a while. Magical!

145)Tawny Owl

52022343781_321aa31490_b.jpgTawny Owl by Dave Williams, on Flickr

The Owl is a wonderful sighting !

Waiting for a mice?! Beautiful bird and photo!

Beautiful collection of birds from Cyprus.

The Tawny owl is stunning, and in your garden - fantastic!

michael-ibk

Wow, you have been busy Dave. Great additions, love the Swallows and Warblers especially. And what a beautiful Owl.

now i want your garden! gorgeous image of the gorgeous owl  

Dave Williams

The first of my additions from Spain where it's currently pouring down so gives me a chance to catch up as it's been a pretty hectic sleep deprived trip!

146) Marsh Harrier 

52043499545_0875e8afac_b.jpgMarsh Harrier BY146 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Beautiful pair.

Dave Williams

Just the one seen at El Taray when it investigated the raptor feeding station but didn't land.

149) Black Stork

52049214513_6b5277a502_b.jpgBlack Stork.  BY149 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Edited by Dave Williams

Dave Williams

Despite two long 7.5 hour hide sessions the closest I got to seeing Great Bustards was well over half a mile away. My Number One target down the pan but at least I saw some! My two travelling companions got a much better view in another hide but when my turn there came up it was a no show! Such is life!! 

or should that be such is wildlife!!

150) Great Bustard

52049571734_505e09e6f0_b.jpgGreat Bustard.     BY150 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Such is life ... and wildlife! What have you lost in distance, you have gained in numbers!! It is also clearly visible that this was one hot day in the field. BTW congratulations for the finale; will you be in Paris on 28th?! 

Dave Williams
14 minutes ago, xelas said:

Such is life ... and wildlife! What have you lost in distance, you have gained in numbers!! It is also clearly visible that this was one hot day in the field. BTW congratulations for the finale; will you be in Paris on 28th?! 

I watched the game on TV in Madrid last night, nice glass of Rioja, big screen TV, just me in the bar unbelievably!

Anfield on Saturday for the Tottenham game but I'm flying back from Bulgaria on the day of the CL Final. Hope to be home in time to watch on TV!

Dave Williams

Coming down to land at the raptor feeding station, Hides de El Taray.

151) Red Kite

52048486402_55d63fa9fb_b.jpgRed Kite.    BY151 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

pedro maia

Beautiful picture of the rollers Dave, they were also taken from a hide?

They are quite skittish here.