A picture a day.

Game Warden

Isn't it funny, I've never contributed a photo to this thread, well I don't think I have. I'll see if I can find something.

• 1 month later...

Just monkeying around!

Another primate shot of a Vervet monkey; It must be the human like character that's so interesting to draw our attention to them. :lol:

gallery_6136_297_13974.jpg

Cute

whorty1970

I have this vision in my head.... you're the barman. This dude is in a night club/disco (see the flashing lights behind him). He's been waiting so long to get served but you just served someone else instead. That's why he looks so disappointed :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
BonitaApplebum

Found her in the Ngorongoro Crater:

4658056352_ceb422c44b_b.jpg

Fun shot rickmk. Love it.

June's theme is clearly Lions Hiding Badly.

One more.....

838304732_tCBu4-XL.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Alex The Lion

Those lions are hiding very badly......

23638_378344754693_511379693_3554242_8013032_n.jpg

I've heard them being referred to as "the buns' or "the boys", but never as "lions"! Learn something every day!

I'd like to see the shot being taken as well. Is that a scheduled stop, or is that kind of positioning allowed? Or allowed for 'trusted guests' only?

From Katavi NP, Tanzania, Sep 2009

Super picture. It looks as though he/she is playing 'peek-a-bo with you' .

Alex The Lion
I've heard them being referred to as "the buns' or "the boys", but never as "lions"! Learn something every day!

Hopefully we are singing off the same sarcastic song sheet!

I'd like to see the shot being taken as well. Is that a scheduled stop, or is that kind of positioning allowed? Or allowed for 'trusted guests' only?

I will have a flick through at the weekend, as I am currently working away from home.

In terms of positioning, the are no laws against it. These bull elephants are incredibly docile when it comes to human presence.

I guess you are right in terms of 'trusted guest' - to do this kind of thing requires a degree of trust. I would also add that it can not really work in a shared vehicle. Having 5/6 people wandering around near elephants creates an entirely different dynamic.

Hopefully we are singing off the same sarcastic song sheet!
Yes, I think so! I should have added a winky emoticon or mentioned "eggs in a hanky" to make it clear what the tune was. :)

I will have a flick through at the weekend, as I am currently working away from home.

In terms of positioning, the are no laws against it. These bull elephants are incredibly docile when it comes to human presence.

I guess you are right in terms of 'trusted guest' - to do this kind of thing requires a degree of trust. I would also add that it can not really work in a shared vehicle. Having 5/6 people wandering around near elephants creates an entirely different dynamic.

Thanks.... And yes, of course. A bit dim of me, but I hadn't thought about that particular advantage of a private vehicle before.

Alex The Lion

One of my images for you, Paul. Laying infront of an elephant can give an interesting perspective.

post-5095-1277487269_thumb.jpg

Russell, lovely photo and great perspective.

Great perspective - really makes all the difference.

post-5808-1278248635_thumb.jpg

This hippos photo taken at the Lower Zambezi National Park in Zambia during the winter of 2009. The camera is a Panasonic Lumix Z28.

Below is a marsh deer. This was taken at Fazenda San Francisco in Pantanal, Brazil, early in 2010.

post-5808-1278248956_thumb.jpg

Edited by safaribr

Very special i love it

africaaddict

Gnu pan blur

Moremi GR- Botswana Sept '09

D3 500VR 1/8s ISO200@f/16, monopod from vehicle. Cropped to panoramic

Cheers

Marc

930457228_27L7j-XL.jpg

Edited by africaaddict

Game Warden

Thumbs up: great shot Marc! Have you tried converting to B/W with increased contrast? Just a thought...

africaaddict
Those lions are hiding very badly......

Getting low down & dirty Russell, that's the way!

Like you new website btw.

Cheers

Marc

Edited by africaaddict

africaaddict
Thumbs up: great shot Marc! Have you tried converting to B/W with increased contrast? Just a thought...

Something like this Matt? With the help of Silver Efex Pro.

930464982_9TMng-XL.jpg

Edited by africaaddict

Game Warden

Yes, that's it! Maybe it's just me, but in B/W it's even better. What does everyone else reckon?

There's real movement in the front legs, whilst that rear horn is razor sharp.

Marc, both do it for me. Excellent pan blur.

Alex The Lion

LuangwaRAW-352.jpg

Canon 5D + 500F4

1/320 @ f4

ISO 400

I would follow this 'Mfuwe' male over a number of days during my 2007 safari. Having set out for a morning drive around the Wafwa, we quickly spotted him laying on the bank of the Luangwa. Separated from the rest of the pride, he soon became active, walking over to a distant tree line to join them.

It was a perfect photographic moment. I had early morning side lighting to accentuate and lengthen the shadows, a lion that was not laying down and an uncluttered, yet layered background.

Great, as always, Russell.

Jan