Reach for the skies!!! My tern to fly high!

Dave Williams

Dave Williams

320)Honeyguide !?

But which one, seen at Ndumo my guide called it Scaly-throated and when you look I can see why despite the plain front.

52423659910_d4bb934cf2_b.jpgScaly-throated or Lesser Honeyguide. BY320 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

52423493664_c34a0dea99_b.jpgScaly-throated or Lesser Honeyguide. BY320 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Dave Williams

325) Livingston's Turaco

This bird became an obsession and I wasted a lot of time trying to get a better image. Step over the back fence of the guest house and we were in a wildlife heaven and this bird was making a racket most of the day but could I find it...No!

52423965952_42cfa83782_b.jpgLivingston's Turaco.  BY325 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

A beautiful Bee-eater, and you did get the Turacao - well done.

I also like the Crombec picture

I think you got the better deal with a HC Kingfisher over Hippo despite the weight advantage.

You are fairly pacing along with some excellent portraits.

Melba Finch and Turaco are outstanding.

Congrats on #300 Dave, great pictures and a few suprising EBCs!!

Lots of excellent photos, Dave! That Klaas’ Cuckoo and the HC Kingfishers would have been lifers for me.

Dave Williams
4 hours ago, Galana said:

I think you got the better deal with a HC Kingfisher over Hippo despite the weight advantage.

You are fairly pacing along with some excellent portraits.

Melba Finch and Turaco are outstanding.

I was hoping for the definitive ID on the Honeyguide from you Fred!

Dave Williams
3 hours ago, pedro maia said:

Congrats on #300 Dave, great pictures and a few suprising EBCs!!

I have no problem posting EBC's if it's all I have Pedro!  As long as you can see what it is I'm up for it!!

Edited by Dave Williams

Dave Williams
1 hour ago, PeterHG said:

Lots of excellent photos, Dave! That Klaas’ Cuckoo and the HC Kingfishers would have been lifers for me.

Until you said you hadn't seen a Klaas's Cuckoo I assumed I already had. A quick check and it appears I haven't. An extra lifer along with the kingfisher for me then! I'm sure you find a few lifers in Kruger if not those two.Good luck!!

On 10/12/2022 at 7:42 PM, Dave Williams said:

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

I was hoping for the definitive ID on the Honeyguide from you Fred!

I thought your caption quite appropriate. If I had to choose I would go for Lesser by a short margin based on the fact it is unmarked on the front.

Dave Williams

335)Natal Spurfowl

Talamati Camp, Kruger.

It started off a long way back heading down a path towards me. I just sat down and watched it coming, oblivious to me, it just walk right past me!

52425635191_2769f77726_b.jpgNatal Spurfowl. BY335 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Edited by Dave Williams