Reach for the skies!!! My tern to fly high!

Dave Williams

Congratulations on your 300. Nice Nightjar photo too.

Well done on the 300.

Lovely photos.

I fan't see the dark-backed weaver though? Really like them. They have such beautiful and varied songs.

Dave Williams
11 hours ago, Peter Connan said:

Well done on the 300.

Lovely photos.

I fan't see the dark-backed weaver though? Really like them. They have such beautiful and varied songs.

Peter, should that read "I can't see" ? It's 291 on my list providing I have the ID correct.

13 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Peter, should that read "I can't see" ? It's 291 on my list providing I have the ID correct.

The link to your Flickr is not good, check it.

South Africa always deliver, and you have so many so beautiful photos. Congratulations for #300!

Dave Williams
25 minutes ago, xelas said:

The link to your Flickr is not good, check it.

South Africa always deliver, and you have so many so beautiful photos. Congratulations for #300!

Thanks Alex, I have just deleted the link and re-posted if that makes a difference. It shoed OK on my computer before and after the change.

Dave Williams

306)Grey Go-away Bird

Satara, KNP.

I checked why the name change from Lourie but my admit I never heard one call so can't comment!

52422526991_5d3ccbcb26_b.jpgGrey Go-away Bird.   BY306 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Edited by Dave Williams

Dave Williams

309)Hadeda Ibis

The sun reflecting on the feathers can change colour from green to purple to gold. They are a stunning looking bird but extremely noisy! Seen everywhere from the middle of nowhere to back gardens and parks.

52423046233_787b5127c4_b.jpgHadeda Ibis.      BY309 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

That reflection on the feathers is amazing!

Dave Williams

310)Half-collared Kingfisher

Lake St Lucia. We embarked on a sunset cruise to watch the Hippos but we'd chosen the wrong day. It was cold and miserable and totally overcast. Our captain and guide was apologetic and I said, find me a Collared Kingfisher and I don't care about the rest. He looked at me as if I was asking the impossible but then within a minute had found one. I think he was a surprised as I was and was immediately radioing the other boats to tell them!

52422633811_f386c3f8e7_b.jpgHalf-collared Kingfisher. BY310 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

306)Grey Go-away Bird

I checked why the name change from Lourie but my admit I never heard one call so can't comment!

Really? How many times have you been? I must admit it is more like “way” than “go away” though….
Edited by Tdgraves
Typo

Dave Williams

@TdgravesMeant to say I hadn't heard them call "go away". I think your "way" might be more in line with the yell I heard!

Dave Williams

311)Hammerkop

Imfolozi reserve.One of only a few seen which is unusual.Presume so much water about they were well dispersed.

52423370468_8b4f8c0e41_b.jpgHammerkop.  BY311 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Dave Williams

317)Lappet-faced Vulture

One of only two seen, one very distant and this one obscured by roadside bushes hence the lack of a sharp image!

52423370823_d8089dbf0a_b.jpgLappet-faced Vulture.  BY317 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Edited by Dave Williams

Beautiful Half-Collared KF!

4 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Thanks Alex, I have just deleted the link and re-posted if that makes a difference.

Now it works!

Love the LD eye-level shot!