Reach for the skies!!! My tern to fly high!

Dave Williams

Dave Williams

337) Olive Bushshrike

There is a small woodland walk at the end of the small tourist town of St Lucia and it proved very productive. Only a short drive from our guest house.

52426090827_74f4431f41_b.jpgOlive Bushshrike.  BY337 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

A bit late but congrats on the 300th!

as with Michael's list, plese take it that i liked each and every photo. 

As expected, I'm enjoying your brilliant and vivid shots ( I did enjoy your video clip), and excellent - though shockingly coming from you! - EBCs. 

Dave Williams

342)Pearl-spotted Owlet

This one in Kruger but not my favourite memory!

52429409805_c7b8cb30f0_b.jpgPearl Spotted Owlet.   BY342 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Second morning of our trip and I was paying the bill at the guest  house in Malelane when our hostess informed me they had an Owl fly in to their bedroom during the night and it was fast asleep on the window sill. "Can I take a photo?" I asked. Taking me up to her room I hadn't realised her husband was still  asleep in bed and woke to find me there with my camera. He gave me a wave and went back to sleep!

52429409475_a17aa2539a_b.jpgPearl Spotted Owlet.   BY342 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Edited by Dave Williams

Lovely sighting of thr pearly!

Thanks for fixing the link to the weaver's photo. Sorry I wasn't clear.

Dave Williams

346)Pink-throated Twinspot

There is a bird hide at Mantua Camp in UMkhuze reserve which had some excellent birds visit, this pair of Twinspots a "lifer" for me.

52431613926_7a3fbb88b8_b.jpgPink-throated Twinspot.  BY346 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

The female is pretty, the male even more so!

52431110382_2c8d101403_b.jpgPink-throated Twinspot.   BY346 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

A whole pair of Twinspots, and within photographable range too! Wonderful.

Love the Twinspots. :)

Dave Williams

350)Purple-crested Turaco

St Lucia. On the morning I finally got a shot of the Livingston's Turaco it flew across into a tree where I thought I might get better shot only to see two Purple-crested ones fly in as well. My attention was immediately diverted to them. Two Turaco species "lifers"in minutes!

52433040830_6ba7387553_b.jpgPurple-crested Turaco.  BY350 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Edited by Dave Williams

Congrats on 350! Some stunning photography as usual. Great shots of the twinspots in particular 

2 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Haven't a clue what the rest are.Opinions welcome.

All RB Quelea . Mostly females.

and...

2 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

350)Purple-crested Roller

Thrilled though you are this needs amending.:D

Great photos as usual with both Turacos and the Twinspots.

Edited by Galana

Dave Williams

@Galana. Thanks for the heads up Fred, especially the Quela. Quells,Bishops,Widowbirds.... maybe it's worth enduring the heat and rains to go in the breeding season and make ID's so much easier. Not sure Claire would be keen though.

Next up are some Cisticola shots. I'm not going to attempt to individually ID them, originally I lumped them as Zitting and have now decided to call them all Rattling. Again, opinions will be welcome!

Dave Williams

351) Rattling Cisticola and more!

A selection of Cisticola shots, all which I have lumped together as Rattling.  Cisticolas tend to be ID'd by sound and location. I'll try to add location but of course sound I can't.

I am reasonably confident they are all Rattling though.

This one the uplands around Berg-en-Dal.KNP:-

52433401622_7737dfc26d_b.jpgRattling Cisticola.   BY351 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Savannah area around Talamati.KNP.:-

52433401062_19eab9ab90_b.jpgRattling Cisticola.   BY351 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Dry savannah around Tamboti/Orpen KNP.:-

52433401192_66c03d2d5c_b.jpgRattling Cisticola.   BY351 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Upland area around Berg-en-Dal KNP.:-

52434430063_a8a41cbe0b_b.jpgRattling Cisticola.   BY351 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Biyamiti Camp , mixed woodlands.:-

52434430253_d8e5e41bc4_b.jpgRattling Cisticola.   BY351 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Dry savannah, around Tamboti/Orpen:-

52434430368_70f1c83750_b.jpgRattling Cisticola.   BY351 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Dave Williams

352)Levaillant's or Zitting Cisticola?

I'm far from convinced I have the right ID on this one but I'm pretty  confident it isn't Rattling! In a reedbed at UMkhuze reserve, a slightly elevated upland reserve in KZN.It might have been gathering nesting materials too.

52434463543_995e79d58c_b.jpgLevaillant's or Zitting Cisticola?   BY 352 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Edited by Dave Williams

I´m pretty sure it´s not Levaillant´s (not enough rufous on crown or wings). Zitting or Wing-Snapping?

@michael-ibk beat me to it. Definitely not Levaillant’s, zitting looks like a good match to Roberts…

Kruger ones are all Rattling