Reach for the skies!!! My tern to fly high!

Dave Williams

I am happy to confirm the others thoughts. Your Rattlers are all good and the last  one , 352, is a Zitter.

Cisticolas ID always puts me in mind of Humpty Dumpty 's wise words with Alice.:o

Dave Williams

354)Red-billed Firefinch

Another species from the very productive bird hide in Mantua Camp,UMkhuze,KZN.

The female takes centre stage for a change!

52434368316_0147784607_b.jpgRed-billed Firefinch.  BY354 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Edited by Dave Williams

Dave Williams

356)Red-billed Oxpecker

The only Oxpecker species we saw but there were plenty about wherever there was game you'd find them.

Could be a caption competition!

52435485773_bd4f4c9761_b.jpgRed-billed Oxpecker.   BY356 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Edited by Dave Williams

Dave Williams

357)Red-billed Teal

These were the only ones seen , at Ndumo. I was disappointed with how few species of wildfowl we saw on the whole trip.

52435020496_a0f2c916a4_b.jpgRed-billed Teal. BY357 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Dave Williams

358)Red-breasted Swallow

The only ones we saw were in the heat of the day and distantly at UMkhuze.The heat haze didn't look so bad through the camera viewfinder! 

I think they had only just returned to the region so we were lucky to see any at all.

52435020581_81891a44ee_b.jpgRed-breasted Swallow. BY358 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Dave Williams

364)Sacred Ibis

In to the sun Ndumo. I'm used to seeing these regularly in The Gambia so I was surprised this was the only one we saw.

52437318966_5c41959ec0_b.jpgSacred Ibis   BY364 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Some lovely shots again!

Dave Williams

367) Secretary Bird

I have a fixation with this bird but I'm not sure why. A top top target which I only saw very distantly in Kruger so when we were at Buffalo Hill Safari lodge in Manyoni reserve and our host offered to nip us out to see some Lions she had just seen on her way back to the lodge I was even more delighted to get close up views and without the heat haze of the Kruger from a previous visit.

52438919566_669896dbfb_b.jpgSecretary Bird.   BY367 by Dave Williams, on Flickr

Dave Williams

371) Yellow Weaver

I'm open for a challenge on the ID of this one. In what appears to be full breeding plumage it's not the female Southern Brown-throated Weaver I don't think, seen mixing with them though in St Lucia,KZN

52439441993_7ef414e35c_b.jpgYellow Weaver   BY371 by Dave Williams, on Flickr